Zillow Make Me Move Ads

7 Replies

What are your thoughts on marketing to these leads as far as wholesaling goes.  I am new here and just had the thought that obviously these people are looking to get out of their current situation.  Wondering if anyone has used this approach or what your thoughts are….  Thank you

From my experience, most of those people are just feeling out the market to see what they can get for their properties.  They're not that motivated.

I agree with @Lonnie Pickard  . The make me move prices are usually over retail. I think it's mostly used by people who aren't really looking to sell unless someone were to offer them a ridiculous price.

Yea @Todd Chartier  I agree with @Lonnie Pickard   and @Adam Moehn  . I haven't had much luck with those leads [yet]. That being said, they're basically a free potential lead, so its kinda like handing out your business card...might as well try. And who knows, maybe now that you've thrown the offer out there, should they ever become motivated, they might call you. You could also try marketing to the rentals, see if any of them are looking to sell instead. 

Richard Adjou | [email protected] | DC Agent # SP98378648

You would be just as well off marketing to random houses in an area: it is good to think outside the box though. 

Make me move people aren't really looking to move or needing out of a situation like you stated. 

You could set up an alert and be emailed when someone changes their "Make Me Move" price. Generally speaking, if a home owner is actively "working" their MMM listing, they may be more serious than one who just plugs in some random value and never looks back.

I've spoken to many agents that have sold MMM "listings". It does happen. 

In general I agree with the posters who say that the Make it Move listers generally are asking well over retail.  Most are not going to be very motivated.  I think the numbers would likely have to work at the Zestimate to get anywhere.  So you may get lucky if the Zestimate is a lot lower than the actual value.

It doesn't cost anything other than time, so it might be worth a try.

A few years ago when I discovered Zillow I set my MMM price...I put it at about 20% over the highest price it ever estimated...which was about 40% higher then the current price.  I'm with everyone else...I wasn't motivated, but with a big enough offer I could be ;)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you