Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Max M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Palatine, IL
Votes |
Avoiding obnoxiousness: Do your procedures/systems for contacting internet FSBO/landlord ads include avoiding/controlling contacting them repeatedly?

Max M.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Palatine, IL
Posted Dec 15 2014, 07:47

I just can't get this little nitpick out of my head before I start trying to push big marketing numbers

Let's say you're doing (or your VA/staff is doing) your Craigslist/etc. internet marketing procedure looking for houses, contacting FSBO's and landlords. Calls, e-mails to their e-mail address, e-mailing their craigslist reply thing, text messages, voicemails, whatever. Do you guys keep track of who you've contacted in order to avoid or regulate repeatedly contacting them within a given time frame (unless it's specifically for a different one of multiple properties)?

It seems like a real nitpick to consider these things on one hand, but on the other hand if this type of thing was systemized and easy to do, it might really increase the quality of the marketing.

For those of you who use automated scraping and e-mailing methods, how do you handle avoiding repeat communications in too short of a time frame? Does the software database all the contact info it finds and automatically avoid contacting the same people twice, unless it's regarding different properties?

Perhaps these lists of people marketed to could even be harvested or analyzed later down the road for other purposes in the marketing campaign? But my main focus right now is on the repetitiveness aspect.

Loading replies...