I need new marketing tips for 2015??? Help!!!

10 Replies

Last yr was my first year wholesaling. This year I'm taking it up a notch I work a full time job and I've only done 4 deals in 9 months. This yr I'm pursuing my brokers license and I want to get new innovative ideas from other investors. I've only gotten deals through word of mouth and craigslist. Any new ideas I should try to get more deals besides postcards and bandit signs?

I would stick with a couple marketing channels and then just max them out. If you do bandit signs, put them all over the town and surrounding suburbs. If you do yellow letter, be persistent in your mailings. In the meantime, while you are maxing out those channels, you can always work on developing a website for your business. That's personally what I have been doing. I also leave We Buy Houses business cards at every public place I go to that allows it. I think the biggest thing is persistence. 

@Christopher Salazar  

thanks I appreciate that I will most definitely start strong with these this year and be consistent. I'm learning follow ups are the key as well.

Consider setting up a Google AdWords account and doing Pay-Per-Click advertising (in SEARCH only).  Also consider Bing - less traffic but also less expensive.  You need an online presence because that's where people are ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR US.  =)

I also like the new DIGITAL BILLBOARDS.  You can now do them based upon your budget - just pay for the views you can afford.  MUCH better deal that the old (very expensive) static billboards with the huge vinyls that you also have to pay for...

@Dev Horn  thanks a whole lot.  what would you recommend into starting a website with not paying alot of money for but presentable? do you use on carrot?

I'm in the [REMOVED] system here locally (and the VP of marketing for the national company), so we have the web thing covered. =)

But YES I do like OnCarrot (Investor Carrot).  Clean, smart design.  Good functionality and priced right for an entry-level investor.

@Dev Horn  

thanks man I really appreciate everyone says I need a billion bandit signs but ads on craigslist seem to be working well just because everyone wants to look online now.

I get pretty good results off Craiglist as well.  Try to use subjects for your ad that are DIFFERENT than the same old "I Buy Houses" posts.  I think a lot of people post to Craigslist and they don't realize they are saying almost the exact same thing as the other 500 ads in the category.  Why would someone click on YOURS?  That's the challenge there... Best of luck, Kortez!

@Dev Horn   @Kortez Walker How do you guys run your craigslist ads. Frequency and where? Although I have not been that consistent on posting when I first started out I did it quite a bit plus had 2 other partners doing it and only got 1 lead. Inconsistency is what was probably killing me! However, I would like to hear what is it you guys are doing as on there. I just started back doing it and plan on trying to be very consistent. 

My title this time was Give Your Troubles To Big Daddy! I was trying to stick out and get people to click because it's different. What do you guys think?

Also Kortez another strategy that I am getting ready to start using is paying people to drive around with car magnets. I will order the magnets and have them shipped directly to them and all they have to do is drive around like normal with the magnets on their car. I will pay them 10% of my earnings on any deal that comes from them. They can take them off and on as they please but they have higher chances of making money the more they keep them on. 

Try to plan brand activation event where you can introduce your product and services to your target customers. This will help you to advertise your services and also help you to interact with your customers. You can get their reviews about your services and you can improve them to attract more customers.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.