Investor websites?

14 Replies

Anyone know any good investor websites to start off with that arent that much but can be great to use and you can still use squeeze pages as well? Please let me know

Hey Kortez,

I know a number of different sites that might help but am not quite sure what you are referring to. Unfortunately, biggerpockets doesn't allow my to post any links to sites (they've already warned me for a few other replies.) Feel free to email me to chat more.

@Kortez Walker  fiver.com will design a squeeze page for $5.00 you will have to have your own hosting though. I have found it better to host my own, I dont like the large fees some companies charge. Weebly alot of people use to design there own. 

Yo @Kortez Walker  

Never ever use squeeze pages on your website. Yea I know this sounds crazy but believe me don't do it. You must think of you website as a educational tool not a farm to gain names and email address. So stick to creating a awesome website versus going after those cheesy squeeze pages.

I think squeeze pages can be OK for certain lead types (wholesale buyers, rent-to-own buyers, etc.) but for motivated sellers, they tend to be skeptical already and may be looking for more information.  So you may want to try a more educational approach with them as Antonio mentioned.  That's one site where you don't want to cut corners.

For certain lead types, though, a simple squeeze page can be OK.  And sometimes simple converts better than pretty.  But it's best to test it because results can vary a lot.

I absolutely HATE squeeze pages!!!  they are the most irritating, stupid, BS-loaded sites ever devised.  I especially hate the excessively long, drawn-out ones that ask rhetorical question after rhetorical question.

"Do you want to be rich?  Do you want to be happy?" blah blah blah

no...I want to be dead broke and live under a bridge eating rats. 

but admittedly, they work.  lots of suckers out there and new ones born every day. 

"Squeeze pages" can be used, but you want them to be effective, non-forceful, and passive.  I have 3 squeeze pages on my website, however I am not forcing visitors to fill them out via pop-ups and garbage pages.  Mine are passive, meaning I have a contact form the visitor can fill out if they want on the relevant pages. This way the only data I am getting is from visitors that actually want contact, not everyone that visits the site or the relevant page.  Like @Patrick Britton  said, the typical squeeze pages you find rampant on the guru websites are trash, and the moment i see them I leave the page.  

However, passively done, they give your visitor a way to connect with you from the very page they are on and they don't have to hunt down how to connect with you.

@William Baumann  

awesome advice. Do some websites like on carrot or even wix.com automatically come with squeeze pages or a way to have a place where you can enter in your info?

I use Wix.com, not exactly squeeze page, but short and sweet 2 page site with forms on both pages explaning what we do and how we do it.  I get a better conversion rate from this simple one then my expensive site with videos, etc.

Ok, first lets clear up the lingo a bit.  Squeeze pages are not actual things, it is just a term for how a page is laid out, or the purpose of the page. Any webpage can be a squeeze page.  The nasty, evil ones use pop-ups that force you to fill them out before it lets you view the real page. 

Passive ones, like i recommend and use, are simple contact forms that are placed on the page with the content that your visitor is viewing. 

I don't know much about carrot, but I know wix has basic contact forms, godaddy does, most do.  If you want fancy custom forms, those are usually offered at added expense.

I use investor carrot, I like the website. The SEO was a total waste of money with terrible customer service, but they do a lot of value add stuff that's good if you wanna go back and listen to the calls and watch the vids and such with your website.

You'll get leads if you set that site up and run an Adwords campaign. They aren't very targeted, but it'll get you talking to people pretty quick if that's what you want.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here