Public Records for Orange County

1 Reply

I'm having trouble looking through public records. I'm computer savvy but I'm getting nothing but frustrations when I try to get property owner's information in Orange County, California. Does anyone have any good links on orange county public records?

Hi Christopher--as far as I know, this information cannot be obtained over the phone or online.  You will have to go to the assessor's office in Santa Ana.  You can look up a specific property's information (owner's name and mailing address) on their computers there.  I just did this a few weeks ago.

If they are anything like LA County, you can probably buy their local roll in Excel or Access format.  At least that's what I did with the LA County Assessor--I bought their entire local roll on DVD for $300 and some change.  Gives me owner's name, address, etc., for every 1-4 unit property in the county.  I started looking for this kind of bulk data for Orange County before I decided to concentrate on LA County.  If you PM me your e-mail address, I can forward you someone's contact information from the Orange County Assessor's office that may be able to help you buy this data in bulk for the entire county (though I cannot promise this as I did not follow through with this option as I decided to focus on LA County).

EDIT: I have seen Property Radar mentioned on the boards.  I have not used it myself though.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.