Public Records for Orange County

1 Reply

I'm having trouble looking through public records. I'm computer savvy but I'm getting nothing but frustrations when I try to get property owner's information in Orange County, California. Does anyone have any good links on orange county public records?

Hi Christopher--as far as I know, this information cannot be obtained over the phone or online.  You will have to go to the assessor's office in Santa Ana.  You can look up a specific property's information (owner's name and mailing address) on their computers there.  I just did this a few weeks ago.

If they are anything like LA County, you can probably buy their local roll in Excel or Access format.  At least that's what I did with the LA County Assessor--I bought their entire local roll on DVD for $300 and some change.  Gives me owner's name, address, etc., for every 1-4 unit property in the county.  I started looking for this kind of bulk data for Orange County before I decided to concentrate on LA County.  If you PM me your e-mail address, I can forward you someone's contact information from the Orange County Assessor's office that may be able to help you buy this data in bulk for the entire county (though I cannot promise this as I did not follow through with this option as I decided to focus on LA County).

EDIT: I have seen Property Radar mentioned on the boards.  I have not used it myself though.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you