Yellow Letters, Help!

6 Replies

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help... can anyone provide some solid criteria for quality leads? I'm looking to start my first yellow letter campaign and any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. It would be helpful if you guys can share the strategies that worked best and the ones that didn't work as well.

Where should I get my homeowner lists from? Listsource? Agentpro247? which one do you use?

Since you are in Cali I would most certainly sign up for propertyradar.com. It is a no brainier. You can pull your absentee owner leads there. You should pick three list to work. Probates, vacants, and absentee owners. I would send 250-500 per a week and market to the same list 6 times every 6 weeks.  First round send yellow letters, 6 weeks later send professional letter, next 6 send postcard.. and then repeat. Probates can be pulled from your court house, vacant and absentee owners can be bought at flipthisrealestatelist.com. You can use a few different criteria. But I always use ownership of absentee owner's of 15+ years, equity of 50% and up, remove llc's/llp, trust. For more criteria it depends on your market and what your buyers are looking for. 2 bedrooms/condos will not fly in my area- but in yours they may. 

This one is the one that pulls best.

Hi @Anthony S.  Doing letters can be very effective if its done right. Unfortunately most investor do it in the wrong fashion which results in a low response rate. Honestly I will not say "can i buy your house" you should take the other approach to get an higher response rate.

Go in asking what issues are that facing from behind on more etc... then have your website educated them on that subject. This forces them to come over to your website and the site will do the work in encouraging them to sell you their house. This is what I explain to all my real estate clients around the world. Its works believe me.

Good Luck

Any time @Antonio Coleman  writes, I stop what I am doing and read. He knows his stuff.

Yo @Joseph Ball  thanks for the awesome words. Keep pushing that rock up that steep hill.

I'm sure that @Jerry Puckett  and @Shane Foster  can attest to the fact that more important than where you buy your list is that you take action.  Outsource your letters, don't worry so much about price work with someone that can help guide you and will answer your questions along the way.  Especially if you're a new investor like yourself. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.