Voicemail

11 Replies

Hey guys I wanted to get some opinions about voicemail. Do you prefer to have a long drawn out voicemail giving the seller the reasons to work with you or a short simple voicemail that you would hear if a friend missed your call?

My opinion is short and sweet.  Mine basically says Hi, you've reached (me) at (my number), sorry I missed your call.  Leave me your name, the number I can best reach you on, the property address you're calling about and I'll get back to you as soon as possible - have a great day.

If they have any inkling of motivation - or even just tire-kicker curiosity - they'll leave a message.  If not, they won't - and you want to weed those out.

I like short and sweet, but in my greeting I do give my web site where they can find more information.

@Christina R. Thanks Cristina that will definetly weed out tire kickers. Also a short message gives off the presence of a small time person instead of a large business I believe

@Scot Rife thanks for the advice. I was just visiting family in Cinci...burr!!!

@Michael Westberry  a short voicemail asking them to visit your website for full details. This is the best way to do it if you want to be productive. 

@Antonio Coleman I have decided to not start with a website because I want to talk to the sellers and get a feel for their situation to know how I can best assist them. In my personal opinion (which is not right or wrong) I feel I can learn the sellers headaches better than a form filled out on the website.

"Hey thanks for calling and my apologies for my absence. I'm likely speaking to another interested buyer or seller, so if you will leave your name and number, I will call you promptly. Thanks and I look forward to calling you back!"

@Andrew LeBaron

That is a really good idea because a lot of wholesalers do not answer their phones. 

How do you represent yourself to the buyer or explain the wholesaling process?

@Christina R. 

I like what have for a message.. Short and sweet and to the point.

Hey @Kevin Carbon I have changed my voicemail to one that is short and sweet!

Mine is - (Denzel Washington voice) "Thank you for calling (Company name).  I'm sorry that I missed your call, but do me a favor (pause) send me a text (pause) or (pause) leave me a voice mail.  Thanks again."  What do you think?  

@Michael Westberry  @Kevin Carbon  @Andrew LeBaron  @Antonio Coleman  @Scot Rife  @Christina R.  

I like @Christina R. though!  I might have to change it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you