Syncing google voice to podio

29 Replies

for those of you having trouble doing this, I was able to figure it out and these are the steps I took. 

1. In podio, downloaded rei leads app under my work space
2. Went to the app settings (wrench icon)
3. Select "email to app"
4. Choose the gmail icon on the "choose your email service"
5. Sign into your google account
4. Grant podio access to the information requested
5. Go back to the app settings menu and you should see your google account there, select "add to this"
6. Now copy the email address at the BOTTOM of the screen.
7. Log into your google voice account and go into your settings (gear icon)
8. Select the voicemail & texts tab
9. Select add email address
10. Paste the long email address you copied from podio (you will get a notice from google that they sent you an email to try and verify that email address)
11. Go back to podio and hit the refresh button on your browser
12. Now on the rei leads app ( or whatever app you are trying to link) there should be a new entry
13. Select that new entry and you will see that it is an email from google with a link to verify the podio email address
14. Right click the link and select "open in new window"
15. Type your google password
16. You will now get forwarded to a message from google that says the (podio) email address has been verified
17. Your good to go

FYI if you have multiple google voice numbers you can't link them into a single app, download another rei leads app or whatever you are using to capture leads and change the name of the app (by going into the app settings) and follow the same procedure to add another google voice number to this new app

Hope this helps!

This doesn't work for me as google voice won't let me (or others) input an email address to send new call info to other than an email already associated with the account (a gmail email).

I tried creating a filter but this doesnt work.

Any thoughts?

@Rene Martinez  that doesn't work. It looks like google changed something at some point that doesn't allow you to add non-google emails to your gvoice list. So you can't add podio email that sends the info.

@Mark Marinaccio  could you post a screen shot of what you're having issues with? With out that I wouldn't know how to troubleshot the issue.

Originally posted by @Mark Marinaccio :

@Rene Martinez  that doesn't work. It looks like google changed something at some point that doesn't allow you to add non-google emails to your gvoice list. So you can't add podio email that sends the info.

I just tried this, right now. And it worked for me. Follow that video, its spot on

@Rene Martinez  thanks for trying to help. screenshots attached, I am trying to "add a new email address" to insert the podio email and it doesn't allow me to even though I am the admin.

@Bryan H.  I am trying lol, I click on add a new email address and get the error message. 

I googled it and many people are saying the same thing so there must be something that I'm missing.

Do you have your google voice number sending to a phone, do I remove that function maybe?

Something is blocking me.

@Bryan H.  I get that but I cannot add that podio email address anywhere in google voice. When I click the button to add that email I get the error message.

Anyone know how to direct where the voicemail gets placed in podio? My message ended up in a field, that I don't want it to go to

@Mark Marinaccio  you should copy the podio address that appears at the bottom of the "email to app" screen on podio. Go to google voice and select "add new email" paste that email address you copied from podio and go back to podio refresh your browser and you should have an entry in there. Confirm the email address and you should be good to go. If you get an error when trying to add the podio email to google voice I would try from another computer or try fire fox 

@Bryan H.  , at the bottom of the box that pops up after choosing "Email to App" there is a link for "Control how your subject and body maps to your app." and you can choose what information goes where.

Originally posted by @Brett Russell :

@Bryan H. , at the bottom of the box that pops up after choosing "Email to App" there is a link for "Control how your subject and body maps to your app." and you can choose what information goes where.

Thanks. Exactly what I needed.

@Rene Martinez  I've tried everything and nothing seems to make sense. I'm not the only one with this issue but no one knows why some people can add a new, non gmail, address and others can't. 

Here's a screen cast of exactly what I'm trying to do and how it doesn't work. 

I am having the same problem as Mark and it seems to be with the gmail accounts that are associated with my Google Apps account. For the ones I am using in Google Apps, I cannot add the podio email address. these are the ones I am paying each month for. For the ones just using @gmail accounts, it works fine.

@Mark Marinaccio hopefully you found a solution for this, but if you didn't let me know and I will give you the work around.

@Mark Marinaccio and @Jean Lowry

is the astorvalley address provided by an app in Podio? it should be something like

[email protected]

Mark's screencast didn't show it, so i don't know whether or not he did this, but the Email to app requires linkage to an email in this case  your google account.

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Rene Martinez :

@Mark Marinaccio  you should copy the podio address that appears at the bottom of the "email to app" screen on podio. Go to google voice and select "add new email" paste that email address you copied from podio and go back to podio refresh your browser and you should have an entry in there. Confirm the email address and you should be good to go. If you get an error when trying to add the podio email to google voice I would try from another computer or try fire fox 

Hi Rene,

I followed all of these steps and podio did create a new lead based on the verify email address email that google sent.  The problem is when I open the lead there is no link of ability of any kind to verify the email address.  Thoughts?

Thanks 

@Jason Hatfield but you are getting a new lead being created when you ask google to send an email to verify? 

@Rene Martinez  Thanks for the quick response!  I actually figured it out after five YouTube videos and an hour of banging my head :)

The problem was that the lead was being created and the subject line was pulling  into Podio but the actual body of the email containing the link to verify was not pulling over.  When I discovered that I could set what info would go where I actually found an option for "body of email". Once I set that to a specific field it worked perfectly!

Thanks again!

I had some issues separate from those on this post. When I went to verify my email address after clicking the link that came through on Podio, I was unable to finish the verification through Google. I had to log out of all of my Google accounts and then verify. I spent an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I hope this helps save someone some time.

Thanks for the post.  I know I'm late to the pary, but it worked like a charm.

@jason 

@Jason Hatfield How do you set what info goes where? I still can't find the link to verify. Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.