Need Advice with Partnering on Marketing Campaign

3 Replies

I need some advice on how to partner with an experienced investor on a marketing campaign.

I currently own a website (www.FastCashForHouses.net) which captures leads for distressed properties in San Antonio, Texas. My thoughts are to provide the legwork, my website and social media accounts, and the partner would provide the funds for the campaign.

I would then be responsible for executing the campaign (direct mail, online advertising, etc.). Any leads I receive would be screened and funneled directly to my investor partner to follow up and meet with the sellers.

Is this something that has been tried before (or should it?) and how should we split the funds from any transaction we complete?

That's innovative, but I doubt it will work because anyone who is established probably already has marketing going on, a website, phone numbers, etc.  They may not need your assets for the marketing, and if they are going to fund the advertising, why not just do it themselves and NOT share it with you?

I have worked with a number of new investors in a coaching arrangement where they do advertising and when they find a good lead we go work it together and split the profit.  If I am paying for the marketing, I have no incentive to share the leads or the profit with anyone else...

"I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~ Thomas Edison

Dev,

You are correct about established investors possibly having their own marketing system. 

I was hoping to find someone who did not want the hassle of initiating, maintaining and managing a marketing campaign. Kind of a hands-off approach where they just get the leads in their email inbox.

@Martin Cortez

There are companies that handle the marketing and interviewing prospects...I know because I use them too and most are very cost effective.  Seasoned investors know the value of their time and will delegate as much work as possible, including the marketing. 

I suggest you do the marketing, bring a solid deal to an active investor who will use his/her knowledge, skills, competence and contacts to monetize the deal after you've agreed to an acceptable split.  

This is the most common method of collaboration used by investors I know.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide