Do You Collect Sellers Emails?

6 Replies

Hey BP,

I have been updating my seller lead sheet, and am wondering about emails. I have noticed from other peoples lead sheets and forms that they have a place for email. Do you ask for it? How do you use it if you do get it? All I can picture is the pain of trying to get some really screwy email over the phone. Is it worth it. Thanks in advance. 

David

I'm assuming you mean seller leads when wholesaling and not just collecting the e-mails of every seller (investor) you've bought a buy & hold property from. 

I don't do any wholesaling, but maybe you can leave a note in your mailings with your email address. If they send you an email, you have their address now.

@David Rupp  You don't have to do it one the phone. Just have them come over to your website and allow the site to do all the work. All you have to do is install a opt-in form and start marketing the heck out of your website to gain leads.

@Mehran Kamari Yes, I am focusing on wholesaling and rehabs. I currently have been sending letters with my email, but have only received a handful of emails.

@Antonio Coleman  Are you saying I don't have to mail at all? Or when the leads come in, vet them and then send them over to my website? 

I have really enjoyed your blog articles these past couple of months, and have been working on building a website of my own. I will probably be reaching out to CMG here in the next month or two.

Thanks for the responses.

I never used to capture emails from calls, but I am going to start.  It is valuable with follow up.  There are laws about sending mass text messages with opt in, but emails are legit.  Most of our leads come from web so we have the email field anyway.

You may not see the value now, but when you have 500 leads to follow-up with, it will make it MUCH easier to be able to blast out an email then calling individually.

@John Horner   That is what I was thinking. It may be a pain over the phone, but I think I will have to suck it up and do it. :) How often do you follow up?

@David Rupp  No just market your website through your direct mail. The allow them to make that choice of opting in. Plus you can get build an online presence which is far better to let leads find your website online.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here