Financing Direct Mail Campaign

7 Replies

Do you think its a good idea to use paypal credit to pay for a direct mail campaign? With paypal credit, paypal gives you 6 months to repay the amount you borrowed.

Iverem Rose, Real Estate Agent in NY (#10401276630)

how does this work?  Sounds brilliant.  I'm broke right now but need the money to pay for my letters, etc.  Do you need good credit to do this?

I dont think you need good credit. I think you just have to open an account. The caveat is that if you dont pay the balance after 6 months you are liable for the amount you borrowed plus 20 percent interest

@Iverem Rose  Don't do it. Never spend money you don't have. This one of the #1 rules in marketing because if that campaign doesn't work then this leaves you in a big hold and you don't want that. 

Thanks @Antonio Coleman You're right! I need to think of another way to get the capital I need for marketing

@Antonio Coleman

You have saved me from myself!

@Iverem Rose  Think about building your online presence which is a whole lot cheaper overtime.  Here some of my blog posts to get you started

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/author/antoniocoleman/ 

@Iverem Rose , have you considered asking family and friends for a small investment in your company? I would suggest figuring out how much your direct mail campaign will cost and asking a few people if they want to make an investment. You can pay them back with interest over the next 6 months...that's better than being liable to Paypal for a debt...just a thought. Good luck!

Ashley J.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you