I've got my first marketing campaign getting ready to start, and I have some questions that some of you more seasoned investors could help answer for me.
1. I ordered 500 bandit signs that I'll be putting around town over the next several months. I've heard of some other investors putting them out late Friday night, and picking up what signs are left Sunday night. Since I'm on a pretty tight budget to start, this sounded like a good way to save $ if all it cost me was some additional leg work. Do you see this being worth it?
2. I've budgeted to mail to a list of 500 absentee owners once a month for 5 months (small time I know). Is it worth it to spend the extra $ for each card to have to homeowner name and address printed on them?
3. I want to order the cards in bulk to get the best price, but I just want to send 500 of them a month to the same list of homeowners each month. Is there a company that will store the cards for me, and send them out each month, or am I better off just getting them all delivered to me, and sending them out myself each month?
4. Here's what I drew up for the message on the postcard. Can I get some feedback on this? Appreciate the input!
Dear (homeowner name),
I’m interested in purchasing your home at (homeowner address).
Call today, and your property problem could be behind you by next month!
I’ll make you a simple, all $$$CASH $$$ offer, and YOU decide when we close. You don’t even need to be in town to finalize the deal!
Don’t put this postcard down until you call (phone number) for your free consultation!
Check with PostcardMania.com about creating, mailing, and storing the postcards for you.
Pay the extra to put their names on the card - make it more personal and less "I bought you off a list". It only takes one successful deal to pay for all your marketing.
Remember, marketing is never a cost, it's an investment. Don't worry as much about cost as you do about results.
Offer your free consultation and add, "if you don't need to sell at this time, please save this postcard for future reference" or something like that...
@Account Closed Sounds like a plan to me Jordan. Be careful with those bandit signs because in some city there are laws against them...so be careful of using them.
Good Luck Bro
Jordan Marshall that all sounds pretty spot on. The only thing I would recommend is to market directly to who you're mailing to. Assuming that most absentee owners are land lords you might want to say something to the effect of "tired of dealing with leaky roofs and bad tenants? If so I can help..." These people are being bombarded with the same generic message and it should give you in advantage if you personalize it with their name and property address plus a message that relates tho their situation.
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll impliment some of those changes.
Be careful with the Bandit Signs you do not want to get a ticket your first time out. You could create a google phone number forwarded to your phone so you won't have your personal number out there. Also, regarding the post cards i would suggest to contact a title company marketing department. I get all my post cards and my mailers FREE. They even help design it for you.
@Brian Gunel do you know if that is common for title companies? Do they provide you with a distribution list for your target area as well? If so, I definitely plan on reaching out to the contacts at the title companies I have used in the past to discuss... Thanks for the heads up. Very interesting.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing