mailer campaign

7 Replies

Can anyone give me advice on what is more productive.

Having a smaller list and sending a mailer to the same list every month or Having a bigger list and cycle through the leads every other month? 

I don't have enough money to send to a massive list every month. 

Thanks in advance!

@Mario T.  . According to his statements there, no more than 6 weeks between mailers.

The key to direct mail. Serious follow up with the ones who are truly motivated, but like Bill said no more than six weeks between Mailers

@Mario T.  You will have a better response rate if you market online and have the leads find you. No need knocking on doors of people who are not ready to sell. So use your website to market and watch the leads hunt you down.

@Mario T.  The keys to an effective mail campaign are consistency, follow up and tracking. Regardless of the size of your list, you can obtain leads, find deals and grow your list into a continuous lead generating system for your business.  It is wise to work within your budget and to maintain a consistent and quality driven campaign.  You are more likely to stick to a campaign you understand and also have the resources at hand to keep it going. 

Make good decisions for your business by following a plan you write for the achievement of a goal that you set. If you are spending your time and money on marketing, it is important to track the campaign.  The good news for you Mario is that by starting with a small list, you can easily implement a system to track the progress of your marketing campaign. You will be able to make decisions based on facts as you grow and this will help  to improve your effectiveness. 

In short, you are definitely on track to accomplish whatever real estate investment goal you want to reach. Trust your self and let us know what you decide to do with your business. It is always a pleasure to read about another successful investor no matter where they are in the process. 

@Victoria Winters  Thanks for the help!  I'll put it to good use.  Hopefully, I'll start to see a change soon.  

Great stuff,  @Mario T.  @Victoria Winters  @Antonio Coleman  . We send thousands of letters out every month. The source of our data is a division of First American Title called Core Logic or RealQuest (we have no affiliation with them whatsoever).

They are the industry standard for real estate mailer data for all types of real estate, in my opinion. They have a direct feed from 98% of the 3150 or so counties in the US.

What is great about this data is that it’s usually super fresh (they tell you how old it is before you download it) and it’s in the same format for every county so it takes the mystery/difficulty out of scrubbing the data once you download it. You only need to learn their format once. As you may know, if you get it directly from each county, each one provides it in different formats. That can be a real headache unless you have formal data training.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

@Bill S. undefined

@Victoria Winters @Steven Butala  Great advice!  Thank you!  I was just searching for answers for mailers and this was perfect!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here