How good is my Listsource criteria?

5 Replies

*Edit* This is also my first post so Hello Everyone :)

First of all thank you all for the help I really do appreciate it. 

Anyways here is my List source criteria, I was just wondering how good it was. Ive seen a few times on the forums where people say the more targeted it is the better. I was just curious as to how targeted this was and how I could possibly make it better.

This list includes 3 Zip codes(not the one with radius). 

http://gyazo.com/2c2c2f5411f5b550f81e4e7775e42238

Also the list has 182 leads because i ticked "Remove duplicate property mailing address".(238 before)

The reason I ticked it because I figured those are just investors right?

Was there any particular reason you excluded corporate owned properties? There could be motivated investors who want to sell for a variety of reasons. They could produce a lot of dead leads also, but there could always be the couple of leads that lead to a deal or two. Just my opinion...

No there is no particular reason at all. Although My budget for direct mail at the moment is a bit low so I might want to filter out as many dead leads as I can. Opinion?

Originally posted by @Larmon Cummings Jr:

Was there any particular reason you excluded corporate owned properties? There could be motivated investors who want to sell for a variety of reasons. They could produce a lot of dead leads also, but there could always be the couple of leads that lead to a deal or two. Just my opinion...

sorry forgot to quote you back.

I don't want to be a triple poster but does anyone have any tips they could throw me?

@David S.  

http://www.flip2freedom.com/how-joe-mccall-virtual...

Check out this podcast and listen to how the guy Joe creates his list. Some very good information in there, and I was actually using a lot of this for my next marketing campaign. The podcast is also great for not just wholesaling, but some great marketing tips that any investor can incorporate into their business to get more leads, and in turn more deals. He does pitch his program in there many times, but if you just grab the useful content I think it would be very beneficial to you. Hope this helps. Keep us updated on how things turn out for you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.