Help! I have a burning desire to be an investor!!!

5 Replies

Hi everyone, my name is Ivory Hammond and I'm from around Baton Rouge Louisiana. I been reading on investing and decided I wanna do it. I read about sending postcards to sellers and purchase agreement contracts, just trying to put it all together. I would like to start out with no money down deals... Can anyone help me with advice? ddeals.dCaananyone

Ignore the fews words it was an accident

Welcome to BP @Ivory Hammond  !  This is a great place to learn and network.

I like your enthusiasm, but pace yourself.  People will always need a place to stay and there are always good deals out there.  Sometimes more than others, but they are always there.  My first recommendation is that you read the book, "The Millionaire Real Estate Investor" by Gary Keller.

If you go to meetup.com and look up The RING (real estate investors networking group) you can meet lots of other investors in the Baton Rouge market.  The meetings are once a month on the second Tuesday of the month.  Hope to see you there and here on BP!

Oh, and you have 15 minutes to edit any post (use the edit button in the upper right hand part of the box) that you make if you need to make any corrections.  After that it can't be changed.

Nice guidance @Robert Leonard   and welcome to Bigger Pockets @Ivory Hammond  . Sound piece of advice he shared with you, hopefully you take it seriously. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.