Where are the investors

6 Replies

Where are the investors at in Illinois, when you have great deals to invest in???? How do you earn trust with investors????

If you have a great deal UNDER CONTRACT you will have no problem finding a buyer.  Provide almost any decent investor with the property details and you'll move the property.  If the numbers don't work for the investor, it's not a deal.  If you don't have it under contract, it's not a deal.

@Randell Campbell  

1. Build relationships before you have a deal (MeetUps, REI clubs, etc.).

2.  Present investment grade deals to those with whom you have built a relationship.

You have to understand that are thousands of new investors who advertise "deals" that are clearly not deals as evidenced by the lack of interest by seasoned investors. Money looks for deals, not vice versa.  

Investors are slowing in Illinois I have noticed lately and I have also seen a tremendous amount of capital repair declines from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae in the area. We actually have had better success with homeowners lately in terms of work which tells me property values have risen and banks are easing enough to warrant equity lines again for improvements. Thankfully for my company we are able to transition to more lucrative platforms which is true for many of my colleagues in the Chicago area which I think is bad news for investors ability in finding quality contractors willing to sacrifice crews at lower margins as we enter spring. I could be wrong in the big picture but in my part of the world I am witnessing the change first hand. Personally I prefer investment properties to rehab largely because of the established pricing and ease to complete without dealing with content manipulation and longer working hours to complete projects but as they say while in Rome...

Randell, go to to connect with local investors in Chicago. Join our club & come out to our next meeting on the 28th. We look forward to having you with us. To your success ! Alvin May.

Originally posted by @Doug McLeod :

If you have a great deal UNDER CONTRACT you will have no problem finding a buyer.  Provide almost any decent investor with the property details and you'll move the property.  If the numbers don't work for the investor, it's not a deal.  If you don't have it under contract, it's not a deal.

Love that last sentence. "If you don't have it under contract, it's not a deal"

If you have a good deal post it on craigslist and bigger pockets. If it doesn't sell your priced too high.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here