Multifamily direct mail marketing

5 Replies

I have read quite a few threads on here about different direct mail marketing strategies to multifamily properties. I am about to send out mailers of my own. I have seen some people use white letters professionally typed, postcards, and yellow letters. Which one would be the best to use and focus on for multifamily property 4-20 units.

@Devan Mcclish    I am also interested in what people prefer to use for multifamily DM marketing!  

I've only marketed to duplexes and fourplexes, but have had good success just using the standard yellow letter mailings from yellowletters.com. Different people will respond to different mailings, just rotate what you are mailing each month to the same list. The number of people who own 4-20 unit complexes can't be that big, I just checked all of Austin, qualified for 30%+ equity and >4yrs ownership, and it was only 268 unique owners.

@Devan Mcclish

@Ryan Billingsley

@Chip F.

Did you guys try anything out after the above post for MF DM mailing? Any experience you wish to share? I just posted a question on this topic myself and am not getting much feedback yet.

@Jack Tucker I tried the standard yellow letter. And I would say it works for up to 10 units. Anything over that, I have received 0 calls. several people with duplexes and quads called me. The biggest one was a 10 unit who wanted too much for it. I think a different more professional letter is probably best for more units 

Originally posted by @Devan Mcclish :

@Jack Tucker I tried the standard yellow letter. And I would say it works for up to 10 units. Anything over that, I have received 0 calls. several people with duplexes and quads called me. The biggest one was a 10 unit who wanted too much for it. I think a different more professional letter is probably best for more units 

Focus more on getting a list of actual motivated sellers. That often has the best impact on response.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here