Flipping Property, Flipping houses

10 Replies

Hey guys I'm pretty new. I live in NY and I would like to know what other states or cities would be the most profitable in terms of Flipping houses or properties?

@Mardochee Pierre  

welcome to the site. It is not so much about certain areas but rather your ability to do the following.

1.  Find & acquire real estate at a significant discount
  2.  Have the capital or ability to get the capital to purchase & rehab the home.
  3.  Effectively manage the rehab timeline & costs.
  4.  Properly market & price the home when the rehab is complete.

If you can do all of those you can make money anywhere in the country. I would stick as close as possible to your home.

Awesome, What do you think is the best way to find the best potential property flips? Wholesalers, Attorney, MLS etc?

all of the above & direct marketing.

I have good contacts in TX from BP that I have made good, quick cash on for partial rehabs and flips (in houston and San Antone). This is a good place to make connections. 

There are probably deals in your city right now, you just have to get out there and hunt them down @Mardochee Pierre  ...

You guys are awesome, real talk. I appreciate the help and words of wisdom. I'm creating my marketing, financial and team strategy as we  speak. 

There aren't too many people up here that know what "real talk" means @Mardochee Pierre  lol

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here