Which Direct Mail Marketing Company has the best bang for your buck??

7 Replies

Looking to get into some Direct Mail Marketing, currently have a marketing budget of approx. 1000 per month. Which companies are you guys using that offer competitive prices? I'm assuming most of the companies offer variable-data printing (VDP)?

@David Ward  I have been printing my own in order to save as much money as possible. However, there are 2 people you should be talking to 1) is @Michael Quarles  , he's the owner of yellowletters.com. 2) @Jerry Puckett  he also does yellow letters at marketlikeawholesaler.com. 

Both guys have reasonable pricing but offer WAY more than that as they are both into investing and have been for quite some time. 

Good luck!

@David Ward  Before jumping off that cliff make sure your website is open and ready to serve people who you mail. Make sure it optimized and have lots of educational content to server them. Without this your response rate can be really low and waste money at the same time.

I'd say that this should be more about strategy and effectiveness, than price.  Getting one more deal than you would have otherwise justifies putting more of your own time and additional investment into your marketing.

Spend a month on becoming an expert. Read everything here at BP on marketing on buying wholesale. Listen to the podcasts on the topic. I'd start with Jerry Puckett's and Michael Quarles' podcasts.  And there are several other good ones on the BP podcast.  

Talk to marketers who have been successful. Maybe do your own campaign start to finish. It might not be highly effective, but you will learn so much. 

Talk to clients of marketing companies you are considering. Try to find ones who have been doing it for a good period of time. Those references will tell you so much.  Then pick the marketing company that best matches what you are trying to do  

@Jon Klaus  Thanks for the advice! I have done a mailing campaign myself but found it too time consuming, which is why I was looking into outsourcing it. I have also listened to the podcast you mentioned above and they are helpful. I know money isn't everything, I just wanted to clarify my budget because I know some companies only deal in bulk 2000+ range. My first mail-out was successful, while no deals I did get a few leads which I set up in a CRM and will follow up on. I'll continue researching marketing to get full optimization. 

@Antonio Coleman  Thanks for the reply! I'm looking into that now.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you