LED SCREENS

4 Replies

Hello , i was thinking of adding an outdoor led screen on my commercial property in order to produce a higher visual impact and also help my tenants advertise themselves. Do you know which restrictions are there in miami? Do you believe it is useful ?

@Gero Alonso  outdoor signage is typically addressed in zoning ordinances. Most larger municipalities have an exhaustive signage ordinance. Do a search online for it. Also any local signage provider should be knowledgeable about the signage code so you can ask them but you have to understand it's slanted by what they sell. 

I would do some marketing research to see if the cost is justified.  

Check with your city zoning department, you might have to have a permit or pay the city for using it. Unless you are referring to something like a TV in the window of your own property, then that shouldn't be a problem. I would still check to be on the safe side though.

@Gero Alonso  Think that is an excellent idea bro. I see a few businesses here in my city utilizing that form of marketing which is very effective. But do check with the city to give you the thumbs up.

Zoning ordinances around billboards are a bit of a mess in Miami Dade from what I heard from an acquaintance who owns land with large billboards on them. I would make sure to do serious due diligence before investing in the signs. 

The other question is whether its a good investment. The state of Florida has public information on traffic movement on state roads around the state. The county does too and you would be surprised at how many local looking roads in Miami are actually state roads. This might give you a good impression of how much exposure the sign would give to your tenants. 

I would also find out how much maintenance would be on the sign. I think no sign is better than those LED signs that go on the fritz with part of the display showing random colors where the owners keep running them for months on end without fixing. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.