Credit trade lines

13 Replies

BP family, does anyone have experioce with credit trade lines? I'm looking to purchase a few to improve my credit score so I can acquire a few rental properties. Any guidance given is appreciated

Never heard of credit trade lines but I know secured credit cards can help your credit score, if used properly of course.

@Brandon O.  this is a first on for me bro. Might have to do a little research to see what you'er talking about. 

maybe I'm using the wrong terminology guys @Antonio Coleman  @Chaz Reid  

what happens is you purchase credit lines from people who have a large credit limit with a long history of on time payments and that person can put you on their credit card as an authorized user so now you can benefit from his or hers credit history and that should increase your credit score over time

*shoulder shrugs* Sorry bro 

I am looking to purchase one too. If you find a website that is legit. You should be fine. Http://callcreditpro.com is who I am going to use.

@Brandon O.  smells fishy to me. Paying money for credit is typically not a wise thing. If you have a deal, get hard money (money is based on the property not your credit). If you don't have a deal, you don't need the money so work on improving your own credit (pay bills on time, etc). Use your extra money (money you would be paying for renting someone else's credit) to do your own marketing for deals. 

It takes time to build good credit and the system is setup to be that way. It is also set up to prevent folks from taking short cuts. I'm sure there are some smart people out there that can figure ways around the system. Sounds like they are selling something, so buyer beware.

Hey Guys...You are referring to either authorized user trade lines or primary trade lines.  Authorized user lines can bump a score quickly, but they are not as powerful as a primary trade line.  Primaries are harder to find and more expensive.  One of the clients I market for deals in these types of lines so let me know if you want more info.

If you can get a big enough revolving credit line with a rather low interest rate then investing in real estate will almost always make sense.

You might be using the wrong terminology but I think you are on the right track.

MAX it out all the way and go get yourself some properties.

fellas @Patrick Zanders Account Closed I appreciate the insight, this helps! 

I've purchased a credit line few years back. Since after going thru bankruptcy, buying a credit line help me boost my credit score by about 40-70 points and helped me get higher limits on my credit cards. It look about 60-90 days to go into effect. I think it similar authorized user or when kids piggy back on there parents credit to increase there score.

The gentleman I bought it from is a well know real estate investors here in NY and prides himself on his reputation, and I've also done business with him in the past. I'm probably going to use him again as he also sells credit lines to help boost your business credit.

Overall my experience has been Positive! it just allows you to access capital faster under your own means.

man that's a great story @Donald Placide what was the price range of the credit line he had to offer? 

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.