Looking for CRM-Autoresponder, buying quality LEADS,

18 Replies

Hi, First post, I am glad to be part of the Forum.

I have  done a couple of wholesale deals, and have a couple of deals under contract. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for buying quality seller's leads?

Also, I feel I need to get a CRM with and auto-responder. 

Any ideas please.

Thanks!!!

Andrea LS
Houston, TX

Listsource is probably the most recommended. As for auto responder, I'd like to hear about that myself, not sure if constant contact does it or not. Just started using them to handle our email adverts.

@Andrea Lizcano Summers

Buying leads is VERY expensive! You would be better of just using that money to advertise and generate your own leads.  I'm not sure what your budget is but for example you could mail post cards or yellow letters. Then each time you close a deal contribute 15% of the net profits back into marketing.

In regard to a CRM with autoresponder those are two separate items. I would recommend Aweber or Mail Chimp for the autoresponder. As far as Free CRM's go I like Podio.

I hope this points you in the right direction. Good luck!

I'd like to clarify - @Christopher Goldie

I think she meant purchasing leads. Listsource provides property records to mail to. Once they call and the form is filled out then it's a lead. 

@Andrea Lizcano Summers

Please clarify what you meant by leads.

Thanks Tim and Christopher 

So where do you go to get a list for your  mailings?. We use Hcad and Stewart Title for now. For every 100 letters we mail, I get about 3-4 phone calls, just not motivated sellers. Since I am Realtor as well, I have been able to list one property. Ready to find our first rehab!!

Thanks

Ah @Tim Herndon , didn't catch that. There are actually " sellers leads" available as in, I'm ready to sell come to me. Where on earth would you find something like that?

@Andrea Lizcano Summers , I have used Listsource to find both sellers and buyers to market to. Just enter in all your criteria: location, type of house, % equity, sales price, etc and go at it. Off the top of my head its about 15-18 cents a lead depending on how detailed you wanna get. Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, you could also search expired listings through MLS and approach them as a buyer not as an agent.

I agree with @Christopher Goldie and @Tim Herndon , I would go with either list source or agentpro247.com

Regarding a CRM and autoresponder, I don't know of one that has both, but I combine Podio and GetResponse. I find GetResponse to be better with more features and better support than the other popular ones mentioned, and I've used them all. It also gives you easy setup of simple webpages and web forms which are great for catching leads. It really is great for email and web marketing.

BTW, if you use the link I provided you get a $30 credit which is equivalent to 2 months free.

@Christopher Goldie

There are a lot of companies that sell leads! Fast Home Offer, Housebuyer Network, Z Buyer and the list goes on ... They are expensive!

@Andrea Lizcano Summers

Listsource is a great source for absentee owners and free and clear. We pay .08 per record but we have a corporate account. We also mail to vacant houses, probate and estate properties too, just to name a few lists.

Hi Andrea

i use infusion soft for both... and they actually have a CRM built in which is actually a great CRM and their email broadcast / auto responder system is very user friendly. 

Not the least expensive but one of the best i have used... i have used aweber and jangomail and constant contact... the CRM was the selling feature for me or i probably would have never switched over to them. 

Hi Andrea,

Many good answers on here for you and most on the right track.  My advice is to brand yourself in the area code of your choice.  Earlier posters are correct in that leads are very expensive and targeted, hot leads are even MORE expensive.  By branding yourself, you can literally have buyers and sellers coming to you.  Not only can you cherry pick the leads you want, you can then either sell those other leads to investors in your area and YOU MAKE the money off them or you partner on a deal and make even more money.  Many of the people I work with are making as much off their leads as they do closing them themselves.

Thanks for the response as i'm building a system to work my wholesaling gig

Is it just me or is listsource having some technical difficulties i.e i havent been able to setup a free account let alone try to purchase a list

@Yvon N.

What browser are you using? Listsource recommends Internet Explorer which sucks! They don't like Chrome. This could be the problem!

There are a zillion CRMs out there. Podio is cheap and has a marketplace that has a number of real estate oriented packages in it, though the quality is iffy. It's easy to produce your own customizations though. Well, I'm saying that as a professional computer programmer so your mileage may vary. 

Zoho & Agile CRM are other options. These are free for small numbers of users. Sugar CRM has an open source version but unless you're comfortable installing and maintaining your own software, you don't want to go there. There are somewhere north of a zillion CRM apps out there, everybody and their mom seems to be developing one at the moment. 

I believe Podio can do some simple auto-response stuff, but you might feel the need to go for full mail management with Mailchimp, Constant Contact or AWeber. These don't qualify as a CRM, a CRM is about workflow for you. However, you can do integrations with a CRM though through a tool like Zapier or Itduzzit, so you can set up rules like "When I get an email from a new prospect, create a contact in Google Contacts", or "When I mark a deal as closed, enter the financials into Freshbooks". 

thanks @Tim Herndon indeed I'm on chrome i'll try Firefox, i'm on a machine that might develop an allergic reaction to Internet Explorer. 

@Tim Herndon sure enough Chrome was my issue, i jumped on Safari and Voila.

to make matters worse i actually called ListSource and go someone on the phone who took my info, but never got a called back. i was beginning to think it was a strategy to get people on their their site

@Yvon N.

You're welcome. I thought that was the issue because it happened to me too. Glad it worked! I can show you how to find cash buyers there too - it's a little tricky but I figured it out.

Originally posted by @Gordon Weakliem :

There are a zillion CRMs out there. Podio is cheap and has a marketplace that has a number of real estate oriented packages in it, though the quality is iffy. It's easy to produce your own customizations though. Well, I'm saying that as a professional computer programmer so your mileage may vary. 

Zoho & Agile CRM are other options. These are free for small numbers of users. Sugar CRM has an open source version but unless you're comfortable installing and maintaining your own software, you don't want to go there. There are somewhere north of a zillion CRM apps out there, everybody and their mom seems to be developing one at the moment. 

I believe Podio can do some simple auto-response stuff, but you might feel the need to go for full mail management with Mailchimp, Constant Contact or AWeber. These don't qualify as a CRM, a CRM is about workflow for you. However, you can do integrations with a CRM though through a tool like Zapier or Itduzzit, so you can set up rules like "When I get an email from a new prospect, create a contact in Google Contacts", or "When I mark a deal as closed, enter the financials into Freshbooks". 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.