Here Is Marketing That Works...

4 Replies

Hey All,

I am new to BiggerPockets, but not new to the industry.  My take on this industry is that if an investor wants to put forth the effort, they can KILL IT in their local market.  Let me explain what I mean...

Traditional marketing like radio, tv, newspaper, direct mail, flyers and card decks are next to worthless and they cost too much money in most cases.  The thing here is that with this type of marketing, you are throwing out a net and hoping to catch something.  You don't want to go after a prospect, you simply need to be in front of the ones that are looking for what you have to offer.  Did I make that sound too simple?  Good because it is.

You see, 95% of all investors never brand themselves correctly (or at all for that matter).  They will place an ad on Craigslist when they are looking to sell or buy and attend some local meetings and even look at what an occasional bird dog has to offer.  That's not the way to do it.

The bottom line here is that if you have a systematic approach to what you are doing, you can literally control your market in about 60 days.  That's no joke either because no one else is doing it.  Press releases, videos, articles, web 2.0 sites, link pyramids, rss feeds, wiki posts, social bookmarking, social networking, profile submissions, etc.  Done effectively and in the proper way, this can not only have you be the 1st person that cash buyers and motivated sellers come to in your local market, but you will have enough leads to cherry pick the ones you want and sell the others to other investors (and the price for good leads is salty for sure).

I will say this...Most folks don't know how or have the time to do all these things themselves, but there are firms that you can outsource this whole process to so that you don't have to do a thing.  If you locate the right firm, you can obtain countless leads monthly for what you would pay for a newspaper ad or purchasing a handful of leads.

sooo....where is the link to the squeeze page?  

I mean, after all, this is (at the very least) a veiled ad for some sort of mysterious service(s) that will allow investors to "dominate" their local market in less than, what, 2 months, right?

Just telling it like it is.  No squeeze page.  I invest, flip, loan and do marketing.  Of course I will help new clients if they choose to contact me and if I do not already have someone in their local area.  Making yourself available and answering questions is a great way to build relationships and yes, obtain clients.  Have you ever received a lead on a property from your posts on here?  If not, consider it.  I have talked with a number of people that obtain deals from their posts on the boards.

As for the 2 months time frame, yep that is true.  The reason that it works so well locally is because many investors seem to have the same assumptions as you that it can't be done and that I must be smoke and mirrors or something and they do not even try.  You see, when no one else does it, a person that does indeed do it, can take the top position for their chosen keywords or keyword phrases that are already being searched.

I didn't send this reply to insult or argue, just responding to your post. Hope it clears the air

Patrick

I agree that more can be done in terms of marketing than posting on craigslist.  If you could give only three quick pointers to investors which are looking to step up marketing...what would they be?

Sure Gene....

• A well designed website with a call to action on every page.
  • The site must be accurately optimized.  This is 50% of a successful campaign.  If you have to have someone that knows what they are doing to do it, it is worth whatever they charge.  It is that critical in a local campaign.
  • Grab your Google My Business (Google Places) and set that up with videos and again, have it optimized.

These are the 1st three things that I would do. It will give you a good start.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.