Market techniques

10 Replies

We are a small scale investor who wants to begin to generate leads coming back to us.

We are looking at direct mail, i.e. list source and Google key words.

Our main objective to marketing is to generate a successful lead to buy/resale a property.

Currently we are marketing our buy/hold to active landlords and we are seeing some success in this area.

Our goal this year is to get the phone ringing back to us.  Open for suggestions, tips and comments

RETipster.com has some good stuff including info on the clicktomail service. Check the out before you pay out to listscourse The info there will save you some dough you can also get stuff done pretty cheaply right there. If you take a look at the investors toolbox on their welcome email there are some nice freebies also. I am not affiliated in any way I just happened to be looking at it last night . Here's to your success :)

I'd also look at getting a website setup.  There are a couple of good services out there that can get you going in a day or so.  It takes time to start getting leads from these types of sites but if you do the time (put in the effort) it's like getting passive leads.

To both,

I can not say Thank you enough.  I truly believe in the partnership sharing process to growing business for others and yourself.

I will be looking into this information this week.

Also, got a basic online presence right now.  That has helped to show credibility when dealing with lenders, investors and such.  Just gives a presence that we are dedicated to the long haul.

Thank you again

This post has been removed.

Scott,

Just noticed who you are.  Your podcast was so awesome because you hit on the persistence part.  I want to say you went 3 years before first deal.  That podcast was one of the best because of what it takes to make it.  Thank you for sharing you story because this game is not what the guru's make it out to be...

@Mike Kelley There are so many roads to travel when yo talk about marketing. If I must tell you to start anywhere it will be the foundation which is the website. I wouldn't do anything until I build that foundation. 

Then after that you should tackle Google, SEO, Blogging,  Online Presence, Email Marketing, Video marketing and networking. 

@Mike Kelley

I am in the same boat as you right now, starting to ramp up a marketing campaign and trying to get leads. We are moving to another city this month and want to have the same success there that we had in our current location.  I worked the online stuff first and will slowly implement the direct marketing and networking once we get settled in. I looked at your site and you nailed it, it's a people business and relationships are key. You are on the right path and it wish you lots of luck in the the future!

William Allen, Real Estate Agent in FL (#SL3330247)
850-483-1761

To everyone,

Thank you very much.  I am doing the strongest part of marketing that I am most experienced with and that is networking.  I am a little behind the digital aspect so I plan on taking a entire week or month and doing nothing but online marketing.  This was one of my main goal this year.   The successful people always say, "It is not who you know, but who you know that knows you."

Thank you all

sorry I failed to mention it in the earlier post. In REtipster.com site click on the start here tab then scroll down to the video clip on Agent24/7 This is the place to get your lists. Way cheaper than listsource You can export your list out in an excell spreadsheet, edit it any way you like, and then send it out to clicktomail and get that service alacarte any way you like. Go get em

Always concentrate first online, this way you can easily capture your local market cherry picking your leads and making money off the ones you are not interested in taking down.  Then go offline, but look into endorsement/fusion marketing as opposed to the traditional "stuff" out there.  You can be the Big Dog in your local market in a few months if done correctly. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.