Atlanta Investors and Google Voice

6 Replies

I was looking to add a Google Voice # to my marketing. Is the service not offered in Atlanta or are all the numbers taken? I've tried about a hundred different nos. 404,678,770, and 470 and none were available. Anyone run into this?

Thanks in advance

@Mike Salisbury -- Josh here, a fellow Atlanta buy/hold investor. Newnan is a lovely town -- I have biked through on several occasions.

The simple answer to your question is that Google Voice is definitely available in Atlanta. The phone number on my business card (a 404 number)  is powered by Google Voice and forwards to my cell phone.

I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you, but I wanted to chime in as I am sure the service is available in our area.

I wish you all the best with your ventures. Cheers!

Are you trying to choose your own number?  Just put in an area code and let Google give you the list of available numbers.  If you are trying to get a vanity type number from Google, I'm pretty sure that ship has long since sailed.

When I got a Google number they just gave me choices of cities that the number would be shown to be from.  I'm from Jackson, and chose Griffin.  In other news, I lived in Newnan for 3 or so years, and have a rental there.  Good luck @Mike Salisbury

@Mike Salisbury   I had the same problem you did about 2 months ago Mike.  It seems hit or miss.  Try area codes outside of Cobb and Fulton and you should be able to find one.  mine is a 678 number.

@Mike Salisbury

I would not recommend sending your marketing calls to Google Voice personally.  It is difficult to manage your calls.  Also, if you intend to call people back from that number, that is not recommended either.

The outgoing calls don't have a high call quality.  It sounds like you are calling from an internet number.  This make sellers very skeptical of you and it is an unneeded objection 
(we already have enough objections to overcome)

Personally, I would go to Vumber.com.  You can record a very high quality voicemail.  You can easily keep track of messages. You can also change the direction of the call with one click.  If you want to answer calls live forward to your cell, if you want them to go to voicemail you can forward it there.  If you want to use the number to make outgoing call you can download the AP to your phone and there caller id will show that number.

I have tried Google voice and hated it.  It is hard to toggle between screens whenever talking to a seller.

With Vumber, you will be able to pick a number you want.  Oh, and its only 19.99/month with a 14 free trial

Thanks for the responses. It worked today but as someone mentioned there are relatively few numbers to chose from and almost all have 0 and 1 in them preventing me from spelling out my co. name. Thanks again!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here