door hangers

6 Replies

Guys I am going to drive through target neighborhoods and look for abandoned homes and homes that are behind on their mortgage payments. If there is no one home I will leave a door hanger.   Any ideas on what I should have put on these hangers and should they be two sided and in some kind of plastic. Also any advice on where to get the best list of 30 to 60 days behind on mortgage payments and how much I will be paying.  Thanks for any help.  New investor.  Paul Coin. 

Be careful to not put anything on the door hanger which indicates the homeowner is in distress. These are out in the public and could be viewed by anyone walking by. Personally, I would go with letters.

OK, just a curiosity question.  What good is it to put a door hanger on an abandoned home?  If nobody lives there, then it goes to reason that nobody's going to see it.

my idea James is that they will check their home at times.  Or would it be better to leave a we buy houses business card?

@Paul Coin Go the direct mail route which will be more effective, and more private. 

Thank-you for all the replies.  Great help.  Paul Coin

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you