I been pitched by Strongbook, anyone hear of this before?

8 Replies

I have been pitched Strongbook. Is this a great program? 

Being new to REI, not quite sure if it's a good way to start. Since I'm seeking a mentor, it seems legit, but I don't what I'm REALLY up against.

Please let me know. Thanks! 

Strongbrook....MLM "turn key" disaster for investors, where Strongbrook, and their management/realty/contractor co.s make the majority of the money. No mentors there. Had to go outside for some fresh air during their pitch at our REIA a couple of years ago.

@Wayne Brooks

what Wayne said I got pitched it by a guy I know here in Oregon who is a big ACN addict and other MLM  he is also a RE broker.  you would do better spending 40k at a guru seminar  LOL

Medium ksqoekox 400x400Jay Hinrichs, TurnKey-Reviews.com | Podcast Guest on Show #222

@Darlynn Bailey

Welcome to BP.  

You made a great decision by joining this site.  There is no need to spend big bucks on some guru.  Just connect with other investors on this site and start asking questions.  Everyone is here to help.  Read the ultimate beginners guide to real estate investing. It is free and can be found on this site. Also, listen to the podcasts and become active in the forums.

Originally posted by @John Hixon :

@Darlynn Bailey

Welcome to BP.  

You made a great decision by joining this site.  There is no need to spend big bucks on some guru.  Just connect with other investors on this site and start asking questions.  Everyone is here to help.  Read the ultimate beginners guide to real estate investing. It is free and can be found on this site. Also, listen to the podcasts and become active in the forums.

Thanks! Will do! Glad I started here first as well! I been reading the blogs as well and getting more familiar with conversation. Will also start podcasts. 

Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs :

@Wayne Brooks

what Wayne said I got pitched it by a guy I know here in Oregon who is a big ACN addict and other MLM  he is also a RE broker.  you would do better spending 40k at a guru seminar  LOL

LOL !! Well MLM have interesting & sometimes good programs BUT I rather NOT mix any of that with REI at all!! Too much risk in my eyes. I'm already nervous about Investing in general!! LOL no need for the extras lol

Originally posted by @Wayne Brooks :

Strongbrook....MLM "turn key" disaster for investors, where Strongbrook, and their management/realty/contractor co.s make the majority of the money. No mentors there. Had to go outside for some fresh air during their pitch at our REIA a couple of years ago.

Yea I thought I was applying for an investor intern position, ended up in a KW meeting with multiple others. It seemed great but I needed to do my homework. Then I left it alone. Ran into another person who pitched me at Starbucks. :/ so I had to ask BP lol 

Disclosure: I am an investor with StrongBrook.  I am a "Business Developer" with StrongBrook Direct.

Hey All,

The StrongBrook Group is made of 3 organizations:

StrongBrook (They do real estate Investing.  It has NOTHING to do with "Gurus" or "mentors" or any such nonsense.  They're made up of a real estate brokerage, a mortgage and lending company, a property management company, a rehabilitation company, a legal services company, and more.)

StrongBrook Mentoring Network (This is the "Mentor", "Guru" place people talk about.  It's made up of people like Shark Tank's Kevin Harrington, Les Brown, Roger Salam, and others.  It's meant to help people looking for motivation/coaching/advice in real estate investing, business, life, and more.)

StrongBrook Direct (This is the Direct Sales side of StrongBrook.  They make a commission when they refer someone to StrongBrook who invests in real estate, OR when they refer someone to the StrongBrook Mentoring Network.)

Anyway, I give this clarification for a few reasons: StrongBrook is an excellent choice for most investors who want to get into REI. It gets a bad rap for it's Direct Sales branch, and even for it's Mentoring Network. But I just wanted to separate this for those who are confused.

Hope this helps!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you