Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
Obtaining reports from Realtors

Account Closed
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:46

Hello,
I have been having some "push-back" from Agents when I ask for certain reports which only they can obtain. Such as expired listings. I would like to augment my marketing to include sending mailers and contacting expired listing owners. I want to offer to buy at a discount slightly lower than what they would receive if they sold their home conventionally, including a deduction of commission, some closing costs, and a reasonable deduction of the asking price as they would have with any offer. I also would be asking them to do a lease option or let me take the deed sub-to. If they are motivated enough, and already have had to endure their home sitting on the market for many months, I would think it might be a win win for all. The Agent could get their paycheck when I decide to sell the house later conventionally, should that happen.

I think the ones I have approached must think I am some kind of unethical REI, asking them to break the rules. :violin: All I ask is a weekly printout of expired listings in a given area. Do any of you market to this segment, and if so are there any easier ways to obtain the list? Thanks, Mike

Loading replies...