Yellow Letters or Branded Letters?

2 Replies

I'm just wanting to get a straw poll on your guys' success and/or lack of success in comparing the use of yellow letters against branded letters. Arguably, 99% of what I see points to using the yellow letter format (which most likely answers my question), but I just can't wrap my head around it. I can't really find posts regarding the use of branded letters, so I thought I'd see if anyone out there is doing this. 

In theory, wouldn't someone in danger of losing their house/needing money trust a branded piece of mail offering a solution as opposed to a "hand-written" one? It just feels like a branded piece offers more legitimacy, but then again, I did my first deal off of a hand-written bandit sign, so maybe my theory doesn't stick in this arena.

In my mind, a letter with a unique envelope, logo, brief copy/clear messaging and call-to-action, and multiple ways to contact me make the most sense, but everything I'm reading points against that. 

Any advice from seasoned vets would be appreciated!

Sincerely,

An intro-investor who works full time in advertising :) 

The reason yellow letters work so well is because they get opened. If it looks like junk mail from the outside, most people will throw it away before even opening the envelope. Don't get me wrong, professional letters have their place as well and there are some investors that do very well with them but they just cant compete with the open rate and call volume of the yellow letter. You should always send your list multiple touches anyways, and i recommend using different mail pieces. Hit them at least 3-6 times and switch up your marketing piece: yellow letters, professional letters, zip letters, text postcards, full color postcards, greeting cards... all kinds of options.

Thanks for the input! If the battle is getting the letter opened, then would using a unique envelope solve that issue? I hear a good go-to is the invitation sized one. I agree with the multiple touches point as well, but I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row. Thanks again!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here