Looking for a mentor...

2 Replies

I am trying to get a good mentor and I have a investor in mind.My only problem is I am not sure how to go about asking him to mentor me.

Do I offer to work for for him cleaning are something

Do I offer to help find him deals

What should I do?

@Krashunda Foreman

I think people look too much into this whole "mentor" thing. If you want a mentor for someone to lean on due to your lack of knowledge then this site works just as good as any human can if not better. If you go to your local REI meet ups I am sure you can find plenty of people that will be nice enough to let you buy them lunch when you have questions as well (:

Besides that.. if you are really set on this one investor I would say try to build a relationship with him/ her.. Ask them if you can take them out to lunch or coffee to pick there brain and then once you get to know them a little better ask them if there is anything you can assist them in to get your foot in the door. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.