Say these "magic words" - secrets of the direct mail letter

4 Replies

I have been browsing lots of different blog posts and forums on BiggerPockets, trying to uncover what content to put in my direct mail letter. There seems to be lots of discussion about direct mailing campaigns, but lacking on what to actually write in the letter.  So far I have gleaned a few tips, and the knowledge that there are different letters for different mailing lists…

Can anybody more familiar with this website link me to an article that has specifics of what to write in these letters?  Example letters would be amazing also!

Thanks!

This post has been removed.

There are no magic words. Consistently deliver the message, I want to buy your house to the right people. When they are ready, they will call you.

If you want more info, I recommend @Michael Quarles podcast https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/buysellfixflip.com-real-estate/id911869779?mt=2

Straight to the point info on wholesaling.

Thanks @Michael Quarles !

I just looked through your site and there is lots of great stuff there.  I appreciate that you are not only offering a service, but provide access to education and examples as well.  My wife and I are trying to put in "sweat equity" right now for all our letters, but don't plan to do that forever.  I'll keep you guys in mind.

Thanks again.

@Tyler Nord Personally I have wrote a few blog post here on BP on direct mail. But honestly the biggest issue is that you need to think about what you want people to respond to. Don't say "we buy houses" Just give a little info on what you offer to help them, and then ask then to visit your website for more info. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you