Driving for dollars

3 Replies

Hello,

Just curious for those of you who have driven for dollars to generate possible leads how do you go about tracking what streets, neighborhoods, etc you have been on? Do you use GPS based applications or go old school with maps?

Thank you,

Scott

If you have an android you can use Google to track your streets. 

https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

You can keep the location services off on your phone and flip it on when you start. Kind of creepy/bigbrother that they track it but you might as well use it to your advantage.

Sign in with your Google info.

"My Tracks" records your path as you're driving. I used this a couple of days ago to avoid driving by the same block more than once and it worked well. And I understand those miles can be useful for IRS purposes. I haven't verified that, though. 

Right now I had some down time at work so I actually figured out how to plan a route while I'm here. 

I created a route with http://www.bikemap.net and moved it to my phone. Then I found an app that actually navigates through that predetermined route called "Track Navigator". I'll be testing it in about an hour. 

i tend to be "old school" and use a map.  Most neighborhoods I hug the outside and then weave in and out of the center.  It depends on the neighborhood though some have some odd layouts.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here