Getting enough deals, Newark NJ

16 Replies

Hello everyone

I'm a little stuck and would appreciate help, i started investing in Newark NJ about 10 months ago, and i currently own 9 properties, I'm looking to do much more then one a month, but I'm struggling to find enough deals this quickly.

I would appreciate if someone can tell me what are good methods to pick up deals!

Isaac 

MODERATOR:   DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR DEALS IN THIS THREAD!

@Isaac The best option for you is to automate most of your marketing. You need to think about getting an educational REI website that will work while you sleep. Do a little marketing online, and see the growth overtime.

@Isaac L.

9 properties in 10 months is a lot!  Are you buying and holding them for cashflow?

How are you finding deals now?

The reason funds come into a market and pay retail, is there are not enough "deals" and they are betting that retail or slightly over will work out over time because of appreciation.

yes I do have a lot already and yes I do hold them for cash flow, I got these deals from wholesalers but I'm moving quicker then they can provide me, what ideas are there for getting such deals, I'd even pay nice commission per deal, I don't want to start my own marketing.

Originally posted by @Kurt Kwart :

from property wholesalers but I'm moving quicker then they are

Originally posted by @Isaac L. :
Originally posted by @Kurt K.:

from property wholesalers but I'm moving quicker then they are

That was the vibe I was getting. The wholesalers are doing the marketing for you now but it could be worth building out a system that does it for you.

What about networking like crazy? REIAs and local agents.

If you don't want to spend any more time, it may be easier to just pay a little more or be less picky.

I don't mind paying more for a deal but there's still not enough deals for me, 

In regarding doing my own networking, I'm really new to that, where and with what do I start 

This post has been removed.

There comes a time, when you start looking for quantity over quality. This might be your only choice now

Good luck with building your portfolio

Hey Isaac - are you buying any at the courthouse? We have a number of borrowers in NJ and I've been super impressed with the margins that they're pulling down on courthouse purchases. It's a labor intensive way to buy houses, but the margins seem to be worth it in NJ still (unlike other states like AZ and CA). 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here