Lead Resources

4 Replies

Are eviction notices and divorce cases available to the public? Does anyone in the Houston area know where they might be posted? I was wondering where I could get more leads and I thought those two might be a great source for motivated sellers. If anyone knows how to get this information and a way to contact the owners please let me know. That would really be appreciated. Has anyone had any success with these types of cases? Any other avenue to get more leads? Thank you in advanced :)

Originally posted by @Steve Rozenberg :

Eviction notices are I do not know about divorce cases. It is very hiddend on the respective JP court website. It is public information but they do not make it easy to find.

I found it once before but had a hard time finding it again, and ofcourse it is different for every JP court where they keep the info..

I was able to find divorce cases, but it only gives me the plaintiffs and the defendants name. It doesn't give me anyway to contact them. By the way awesome company name. I like the way it sounds lol

@Jose Rubio  close a few deals build a portfolio then add attorneys to your team as referrals.

If you have the name, you should be able to cross reference it with the county tax records.  I am also from Houston, TX.  I use HCAD.org to find property listings.  This will verify if the divorcing couple has property and in whose name the property is listed.  Good luck.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you