Direct mail to motivated sellers

5 Replies

BP friends,

Need you help! What can I add or remove from the letter below that I plan to send to motivated sellers to make this marketing campaign successful? Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks.

Letter:

Dear ________________,

My name is _______________________. I am a real estate investor purchasing property in the ______________ area. I understand that you have a tax lien on your property located at ___________________________________________. I would like to buy your property ALL CASH if you are interested in selling. I buy property in ANY CONDITION.

Please give me a call at [REMOVED] so we can work together to find a solution for you.

P.S. If you are not interested in selling at this time, please hang on to this letter and give me a call when you are ready.

Sincerely,

Name 

Marlon Seecharan

Marlon,

I would recommend avoiding stating tax lien all together.. maybe something like:

My name is _______________________. I am a real estate investor purchasing property in the ______________ area. I would like to buy your property at ____________________ ALL CASH if you are interested in selling. I buy property in ANY CONDITION and ANY SITUATION (foreclosure, tax liens, divorce, moving, inherited homes, etc).

Bob Couture, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9534609)

Is the saying; "Have your cake and eat it too" or “Eat your cake and have it too"?

It doesn’t matter; You win no matter how you say it… Let me explain your solution.

Then explain how you can help them either keep their house or sell their house… Create a win win solution .

Originally posted by @Marlon Seecharan :

BP friends,

...I understand that you have a tax lien on your property located at ... 

Some sellers may get defensive when you start hitting them with talks of a tax lien on their property, may feel you may be trying to take advantage of them or just not want to talk at all. Don't complicate a deal with too much information.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.