Direct mail to motivated sellers

5 Replies

BP friends,

Need you help! What can I add or remove from the letter below that I plan to send to motivated sellers to make this marketing campaign successful? Any advise is much appreciated. Thanks.

Letter:

Dear ________________,

My name is _______________________. I am a real estate investor purchasing property in the ______________ area. I understand that you have a tax lien on your property located at ___________________________________________. I would like to buy your property ALL CASH if you are interested in selling. I buy property in ANY CONDITION.

Please give me a call at [REMOVED] so we can work together to find a solution for you.

P.S. If you are not interested in selling at this time, please hang on to this letter and give me a call when you are ready.

Sincerely,

Name 

Marlon,

I would recommend avoiding stating tax lien all together.. maybe something like:

My name is _______________________. I am a real estate investor purchasing property in the ______________ area. I would like to buy your property at ____________________ ALL CASH if you are interested in selling. I buy property in ANY CONDITION and ANY SITUATION (foreclosure, tax liens, divorce, moving, inherited homes, etc).

Is the saying; "Have your cake and eat it too" or “Eat your cake and have it too"?

It doesn’t matter; You win no matter how you say it… Let me explain your solution.

Then explain how you can help them either keep their house or sell their house… Create a win win solution .

Originally posted by @Marlon Seecharan :

BP friends,

...I understand that you have a tax lien on your property located at ... 

Some sellers may get defensive when you start hitting them with talks of a tax lien on their property, may feel you may be trying to take advantage of them or just not want to talk at all. Don't complicate a deal with too much information.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.