NEW WHOLE SELLER LOOKING FOR BUYERS TO ADD TO LIST (PA)

6 Replies

Hello, 

I am a new whole seller but I am also a marketer. I have a real estate friend who has my back, so I am sure things will run smoothly. I am looking to build my buyers list in PA. Please leave your email address and I will contact you to build your profile. If you have any tips about whole selling in PA please leave them! Especially in regards to vacant properties ; ) 

Hi Vanesha!  Welcome to the world of wholesaling!  We have found BP is a great resource for building our buyers list but there are many other ways to find buyers outside of this site.  If you've started a marketing campaign, you will find that many of the absentee owners you market to are also investors.  We get letters or calls somewhat regularly from people who received our letter and are interested in buying more properties.  We also meet buyers at local REIAs.  It will take time for your buyers list to grow.  In my opinion, finding the deal should be your focus and once you find the deal, the buyers will show up!  

Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress.  Most importantly, don't give up!

I can offer you some ideas @Vanesha Darla . Check out my post about How to really find cash buyers!

There are so really good methods out there but the post above is a technique that I only give out to those who ask me, and for BP members. I am surprised that there were not that many people who caught on to this post, but hey that means more for the rest of us who know how to do it! 

As a wholesaler myself, I want to tell that just going to your local meetups that are real estate related will be one of the best places possible in your market to find buyers. Really, you will also find that if you start to do direct mail (a wholesalers must) you will talk to sellers who may actually want to buy too! I actually had a deal where we had a property that we were not really sure how to sell it, but I had someone who I kept their info on and sure enough they bought the property from us!

It really is that easy. Just being in business and talking with those that are around you about what you do will open doors you have never dreamed of. Just give it a try and start getting out there. Also, you can do a search here at the top bar where it says "Network" and if you are a Pro member you can search people in your area by Zip Code. This is how I found my mentor! One of the best moves I could have ever made getting started. The best part- he does not "charge" me to get his help...We actually just do deals and make money together. A real mentor will not give you the answers but will guide you so you can find the answers yourself. This is how I grow and learn to be a better wholesaler. 

Stephen Barton, Solid Rock Houses | [email protected] | 317‑694‑4774 | http://www.homesaleindy.com/stephen/ | IN Agent # RB14052302

@stephenbarton Thank You that was extremely helpful and your post was great! I only have one question since I am a newbie this may be a little simple to ask.... How did your mentor use the MLS search to obtain buyer info... I thought it was only for properties?

Thank You that was extremely helpful and your post was great! I only have one question since I am a newbie this may be a little simple to ask.... How did your mentor use the MLS search to obtain buyer info... I thought it was only for properties?

Originally posted by @Stephen Barton :

I can offer you some ideas @Vanesha Darla. Check out my post about How to really find cash buyers!

There are so really good methods out there but the post above is a technique that I only give out to those who ask me, and for BP members. I am surprised that there were not that many people who caught on to this post, but hey that means more for the rest of us who know how to do it! 

As a wholesaler myself, I want to tell that just going to your local meetups that are real estate related will be one of the best places possible in your market to find buyers. Really, you will also find that if you start to do direct mail (a wholesalers must) you will talk to sellers who may actually want to buy too! I actually had a deal where we had a property that we were not really sure how to sell it, but I had someone who I kept their info on and sure enough they bought the property from us!

It really is that easy. Just being in business and talking with those that are around you about what you do will open doors you have never dreamed of. Just give it a try and start getting out there. Also, you can do a search here at the top bar where it says "Network" and if you are a Pro member you can search people in your area by Zip Code. This is how I found my mentor! One of the best moves I could have ever made getting started. The best part- he does not "charge" me to get his help...We actually just do deals and make money together. A real mentor will not give you the answers but will guide you so you can find the answers yourself. This is how I grow and learn to be a better wholesaler. 

Yes good question! @Vanesha Darla we both have our real estate license so that gives us the ability to see how a person bought a house. Once we see that they did not use financing then we know most likely they paid cash. I have heard another way you can do this is by talking to your local title company and they may be willing to offer you a list. Not sure about this and I have never tried it but it is an idea. 

One of the other best pieces of advice I have ever been given was my mentor really encouraged me to go get my license. This has been an amazing jump for me and has taught me so much about real estate. (I still have a long way to go.) I encourage you to do the same if you really plan to do this full time. Just having access to the information on cash buyers, comps, vacant properties, etc is priceless. You may also be able to just go do driving for dollars which is where you drive around looking for vacant properties and then go to your local tax assessor's website and entering in the address. This is all public information and will tell you who owns the property and their mailing address. You can do this if you really want it bad enough:-)

Stephen Barton, Solid Rock Houses | [email protected] | 317‑694‑4774 | http://www.homesaleindy.com/stephen/ | IN Agent # RB14052302

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you