Yellow Letters vs Postcards

3 Replies

Which works better?  I know postcards are cheaper but do they convert?  Does black and white or size hurt conversions as well?

@Jared Brown , Different strategies work for different people and different markets. It is hard to say which of those are going to work better for you, the only way to know is to try each and track the responses that you get.

I would venture to guess that color would do better than black and white though.

I thought I would contribute here and post my results so we have it as a record.

Last month I sent out 750 small color postcards from yellowletters.com and received 5 responses, of the responses, 2 were folks that wanted to be removed from the list, 1 was a real estate agent that was calling as many investors as she could so they could compete for a house she was going to list, 1 was from someone who was unrealistic and 1 was from a good prospect. That works out to a little less than 1%.

I am staying the course and will mail out 2300 more this time. I hope to receive the same rate so maybe 15 calls or so.

David Franco , did you sent the 2300 postcards? What is your market? What template did you use?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.