Real Estate Company Website

5 Replies

I am looking into how I can become more legitimate on paper. Id like me and one of my business partners to have email address's that reflect our business name as I believe for the low cost involved that the benefit of seeming more professional than we perhaps are is well worth it. Anyone had a similar thought to this? Id imagine google web hosting would be a good way to go on this. Thank you.

@Thomas Hart Getting a real estate website is an powerful tool that allow you to have full control over your brand. Choosing the right hosting, designer, seo partner and marketer is what will separate you from the rest of the pack. 

People google my name all the time after getting one of my yellow letters.  I can tell because the keyword "Scott Costello" goes up after I send a large batch of letters.

With out a doubt it's worth getting a website up.  It's equally as important to make it look professional.  

I would definitely say that a professional-looking website is in order. First, if people in your local area can't find you by searching for your name or your business name, you're in trouble. 

(Note that google adjusts your search results based on your past searches and location, so use this tool to preview results that are less biased and more likely to be what your potential customers will see: https://adwords.google.com/d/AdPreview

Next, you want people to be able to find you using other keywords, like *town name* house buyers" or similar. You'll probably find some very motivated sellers by showing up at the top of the results for those types of searches. 

@Thomas Hart

Building a website is fairly easy now due to the changes in technology. I would recommend that you find a good hosting provider, (Godaddy, Hostgator, etc) and spend a day researching how to install a wordpress theme. The advantages of Wordpress is that you can have a fully optimized site that google can clearly send bots through for search results. This will not only add legitimacy to your business, but allow for increased traffic. 

Best of luck.

@Thomas Hart

Namecheap.com is a great place to start for domain registration. You can setup your email there, and have it running within minutes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you