Votes |
Searching public records for probate properties in San Diego, CA

Javier Osuna
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jun 25 2015, 11:44

Hello BP gang,

Lately I have been doing plenty of due dilligence on the subject of probate and have taken my first action steps, including scouring the public record files at the court building as well as looking thru the newspaper public notices... I have learned to identify which probate cases have real property attached to them. The part that still troubles me however, is not having access to the specific property information. All I have been able to discern, is the fact that real property exists in the estate but at least in the ones I've looked at, I've found no specific property addresses; only phrases like "all my real estate, I leave to so and so..." So from what I gather, the best way to go about retrieving this info then, is to look up the last known address of the deceased and pull up the tax records for that address to see if I get match? What if there are multiple properties? Would contacting the attorney or executor of the will be the only other alternative? I am hoping there is some way to look up the property addreses in order to do preliminary analysis and get a property profile to establish if the property is something I'd wanna even make an offer on, BEFORE I contact the attorney or executor. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Loading replies...