Your thoughts on cold calling new filed Probate cases.

7 Replies

So i have made a solid commitment to start going to collect weekly (EVERY MONDAY) probate files.

I had made the choice to cold call them. 1 because i have been used to cold calls from previous work so it doesn't scare me. and 2 it is the fastest way to get to them and also either get a yes or a no (NOT NOW) early on. 

my question is, would it make sense to call them right away as soon as i collect their files and skip trace their numbers? or should i waited a couple weeks, months? I have heard people mailing out right away. but i would guess calling would get to the seller much faster. what is your opinion on this? and what is a quick engaging cold calling script that i can use? overall objective is to set an appointment to visit the property and help them out thanks again BP!

I'd tell you no and hang up. Then once the grieving was over, I'd pull out the letters and start calling.

Medium logoShanequa J., Vantage Investment Properties | (713) 481‑2468 | http://www.housesbyvip.com | TX Agent # 655962

Since you're not the first guy who made a decision to do something, the real proof will be in the 'doing.' 

Calling PR's is tricky. Nowadays, people are suspicious of unsolicited callers (we can thank the long distance phone carriers of the 1990's for pushing the limits). 

The big thing is going to be your style if calling and your proposition. If you shout out, "Do you want to sell your house" you'll probably gave limited success. I suggest you give some thought to what message you intend to convey and document the responses. Thus, with enough call history, you'll have a numerical record and stats to support your findings.

Few will follow through calling PR's and still fewer will continue for more than several weeks.  Let's see how  far you take this.

Plan your work, work your plan and don't plan the results.

This post has been removed.

Majority of the numbers i called. i did not get an answer. i followed up two days later. and only got one answer. I was able to create a follow up months down the line. and with the ones that did not answer. I sent my first letter of inquiry. low budget so i did everything on my own. standard class as well.. getting another list monday so lets see!!

Hi, this post was last updated 2 years ago. Any luck on cold calling. I just started reaching/calling to probates down here in Houston, TX. Thanks, any feedback will be appreciated.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you