Ultimate guide and checklist to lead generation

7 Replies

Well, sorry to disappoint you but no this is not complete yet. I would like your help in finalizing my lead gen processes.

Mainly I want to create a system to funnel in leads so my dad and I can find the motivated sellers and close them as well as help them out of their problems.

For the time being, wholesaling or partnering is the plan unless owner financing is an option.

1. Build the website to collect leads, advise prospects of our mission and process.

2. create a direct mail campaign

-Use list source to find key criteria

-Buy list

-Figure out marketing (handwritten postcards)

-mail them out each month 

-Repeat for 6 months.

3. Create a Facebook ad campaign.

-Test prospect niches

-Determine relevance and low CTR

4. Develop business cards for networking and speaking with anyone in public about what you do (always pitch yourself).

5. Create bandit signs and craigslist ads and put these in key locations at your convenience.

What am I missing here? I went from most expensive to least but I would like to build a marketing plan to keep deals coming through our pipeline.

Thanks

I would lose the Bandit Signs. They're illegal in most locations anyway. A lot of people still use them, but do you really want to be those guys. 

I would also suggest Jerry Puckett to handle your marketing. It's not going to be that much more expensive to have him handle your direct mail. His service includes the list, the marketing copy, a system for tracking responses, scripts and materials to screen callers & evaluate properties, and general consulting around the campaigns. He can also help you with your website and any social media campaigns you are interested in. Leveraging a professional for the direct mail campaigns frees the 2 of you up to do the personal touch and networking stuff and attack low hanging fruit. (I.e. driving for dollars)

I'm a big proponent of not recreating the wheel. In other words, just because I can build a computer from the shell up, doesn't mean I don't buy mine from Dell. 

I have yet to get a call from the BSP (Bandit Sign Police). I will say this however it's a lot of work, most of the signs will get picked up and if your going to do it figure out a way to get it high up on poles. Those last the longest and get the most views. 

#5 should be split into 2 posts, craiglist and bandit signs aren't even related in the slightest except in being effective. 

#2 Direct Mail - Buy List

You do know Title Co's (at least mine) will pull county records, filter the data however you want, and give you the list for free right? If yes, can you comment on why you would buy a different list? Is there better data and if so where does the data come from? Are there less bounce backs, if so how? 

#6 Bird Dogs

Pay people to tell you about abandoned houses or houses with FSBO signs. Ideal bird dogs are Mailmen, Delivery workers, pool cleaners, garbage men (Sorry their not a sanitary engineer unless they have a degree in engineering), and anyone else who drives through neighborhoods for a living.

Cheers.

Are you currently taking any of the above action?

Sometimes folks post who confuse planning for action which satisfies their need to tell themselves they've done something. It's a trap we can fall into, if not vigilant. 

Don't wait for your list to be complete before starting (because in the real world your list will be dynamic and endless).

Next post: implementation feedback.

Plan your work and work you plan, but don't plan the results.

I would suggest adding "driving for dollars" to the list. Drive around and identify vacant/overgrown homes. After you record the addresses, look through the public records for owners. Send a mailer to both the vacant house and the address that the owner is currently living in. 2 weeks later, send another mailer. If no response after two more weeks, use a tool to find their number, and either hire a call center to place the call or make the call yourself. I've gotten some good leads that way

Originally posted by @Rick H. :

Are you currently taking any of the above action?

Sometimes folks post who confuse planning for action which satisfies their need to tell themselves they've done something. It's a trap we can fall into, if not vigilant. 

Don't wait for your list to be complete before starting (because in the real world your list will be dynamic and endless).

Next post: implementation feedback.

Plan your work and work you plan, but don't plan the results.

Yeah, i do drive for dollars already. But im not going to DM until I can send my prospects to a website and im not gonna run ads because I can send them to my website. 

The website will be completed by July 14th and from there I can go. In the mean time ill continue to fix up my duplex and when the time comes I just want to be sure Im not leaving anything out.

A website is great, but don't make the mistake of assuming that you know what call to action potential sellers are going to respond to. 

Use some direct mail that asks for a phone call to see if you get a better response than when you try to drive them to a website.

I do like to use Craigslist to drive traffic to my website just because of the nature of that site. People are on there at all hours of the day and are already on the internet when they are looking at ads there, so it is very easy for them to copy/paste your website address. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here