Investing

4 Replies

Salutations, I'm 19 years old and getting my feet wet in investing into real estate. What steps should I take to aquire my first multi family property (duplex,triplex,etc). I have some money saved up but not that much ?

Originally posted by @Andrew LeBaron :

welcome! !! makes me so happy that someone your age is intelligent enough to start out on the right foot!

Biggerpockets.com / ubg 

Thanks Andrew lol, I just want to separate myself from the immaturity and get a huge jump in life.

wow I'm 19 yrs old too and was also looking to try my hand at multifamilys I thought like getting a fourplex would be good but these are hard to ind in my area a duplex or TRU is a great idea because of the potential for multiplied cashflow also hopefully you'll attain appreciation my goal was to acquire these build up equity and appreciation and sale and avoid taxes by doing a 1031 exchange and use profits as down payment on an apartment building but def I think you should start with multi . FHA is financing with amazing options right now 96.5 percent with only 3.5 percent down , down to a 580 credit score and the rates are super low right now on fixed 30 yr

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here