What to say on bandit signs?

4 Replies

Hey Folks,

I know people love/hate bandit signs.  I'm going to put up a few and see what happens.  (Gotta be able to provide some experience on that when they call me for the podcast right?!) What do you put on your bandit signs?? Seen anything clever or just keep it simple?  

So far I've seen:

We buy ugly houses. We buy houses fast. We buy houses for cash.   -- What else??

Thanks!

Make it something memorable and different, but not misleading or confusing.  Can't be too many words or too small font.  If it makes people take notice you've planted the seed in their minds and perhaps you can follow up with a direct mail effort or another touch point.  Maybe experiment with different phone numbers coming to the same place and see if one style resonates better than another.

If nothing else, have some fun with it!

Vincent

I target buyers, but as in consumers looking to purchase or rent to own.

Our signs with the headline "My Husband Is A Pig" went fairly well.

In other words create your own lane. Just be sure to do a few test signs first by just putting up 1 or 2 to gauge how they pull.

Best bandit sign I've seen:

There was one that said "I Buy Houses Fast" right below that someone else had put one that said "I Buy Houses Faster". I got a good laugh out of it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you