Using a Virtual Assistant for Generating leads online

18 Replies

I wanted to know has anyone used a VA to generate leads online? And if so what tasks did you give them to generate the leads?

@Henry Moore try having them call real estate agents and property managers get their email address and put them in an auto responder series asking for deals weekly. Also calling craigslist ads that you set up up on ifttt.com

Hi @Rene Martinez  

Great idea. I have my VA calling but never thought to set up ifttt with Craigslist. And I never thought about a auto responder for Real Estate Agents and Property Managers. I'm going to set that up too.

By online leads I was thinking more like using social networks to bring visitors to my site. Again thanks I'm going to implement both of those ideas asap. 

@Henry Moore haha! Sorry about that. Yeah that would be good too I guess but I havebt implemented that stratagy before so I couldn't comment on it 

No worries @Rene Martinez  you gave me some new things to add to help my business.

What is ofttimes? I have never heard of this before. Also, what are some other ways someone could use a VA? I am intrigued by this.

Hi @Shawn C.

ifttt is a website that does something if something happens. If This Then That. they have "recipes" that you can choose to automate something like, If a post it put on craigslist then send it to my google drive in a spread sheet.

The website is ifttt.com

Task for VA's could be a lot. Running comps, posting to craigslist, making and receiving calls. My VA today made calls and got me leads while I was working on structuring deals. I'm still learning but I'm already looking for another VA to do more of the admin work for me.

Originally posted by @Henry Moore :

Hi @Rene Martinez  

Great idea. I have my VA calling but never thought to set up ifttt with Craigslist. And I never thought about a auto responder for Real Estate Agents and Property Managers. I'm going to set that up too.

By online leads I was thinking more like using social networks to bring visitors to my site. Again thanks I'm going to implement both of those ideas asap. 

Hi guys.... 

Great topic, I have been using IFTTT for 6 months and bought a flip house through it. Closing escrow in 3 weeks we should make over $80,000...... as you can imagine I love the site.   My newest venture is a vurtual assistant that will help me find default sellers that will sell to me.  Any advise would be helpful, this is advanced stuff.  Simple but cutting edge,  thanks guys.

Congrats @Jim Keller My biggest advice is to have a clear plan and process for your VA. If they have clear direction and processes they will work better for you.

@Rene Martinez

If you don't mind me asking. What kind of searches are you doing for the craigslist ads to call?

@Henry Moore I mainly have my va calling landlords with rental properties. This is two-fer because if they aren't selling then we ask if they're buying. Also get a lot of property managers / agents and I have them ask if they have a client or know of someone selling if they do they can represent me and keep all the commissions. Also, I tell them that I get deals regularly and if I could let them know when I do (take their email address and then add to autoresponder series). Hope that helps. 

Congrats @Jim Keller I wouldn't mind hearing what kind of recipes you are using with Ifttt.com

Hi @Shanequa J.

I have a data scrapper but I think my IP address got blocked by craigslist. It was good cause it gathered the number and I was just going to use slybroadcast to send a message straight to peoples voicemails. How was you able to get around you IP being blocked?

@Rene Martinez

yes it does great info.

@Shanequa J. Did you pay them to set up to block your IP or to do the scarping? If you could direct me to the gig I will get that now.

Its worth it to me if I can run through 1000 contacts for $60. And any leads that call back are warm leads. 

Originally posted by @Henry Moore :

Congrats @Jim Keller I wouldn't mind hearing what kind of recipes you are using with Ifttt.com

Hi @Shanequa J.

I have a data scrapper but I think my IP address got blocked by craigslist. It was good cause it gathered the number and I was just going to use slybroadcast to send a message straight to peoples voicemails. How was you able to get around you IP being blocked?

@Rene Martinez

yes it does great info.

I just set up a search in Craigslist and when a new hit comes up IFTTT sends it to my email and I call direct.  I have others that send an email responce, only one deal so far but there will be more.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you