Direct mail frequency - 5,000 cards and a 2,500 ct list

6 Replies

I have an initial budget for 5,000 postcards and a 2,500 count list.  Should I just send each person 2 cards or should I cut my list down to 1,000 or 500 and increase the mailings to each?  Each lead has the same quality.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.  TIA

Nick,

It sounds like we are exploring simillar options.  I'll let you know what I find out

Multiple mailings to the SAME list.

Here is some light reading.

https://www.themailshark.com/blog/direct-mail/frequency-vs-reach-which-is-better-for-my-direct-mail-campaign/

You'll be much more likely to have a higher response if you aim for frequency. Ideally, you want to be mailing them for a very minimum of 6 months. When you're mail piece arrives after the first mailing, the seller may not be ready to sell but is open to the idea of it. Fast forward 6 months and circumstances may have changed and seller is ready to pick up the phone and sell you their house. You want to be relevant when that time comes. 

What list will you be targeting with your direct mail?

Do you guys change the mailing or do the same mailing repeatedly?

5,000 post cards is $1,850. I'd work on getting a bigger budget.

Originally posted by @Nick Horob :

I have an initial budget for 5,000 postcards and a 2,500 count list.  Should I just send each person 2 cards or should I cut my list down to 1,000 or 500 and increase the mailings to each?  Each lead has the same quality.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.  TIA

What is the nature of the list and its quality?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.