Which Domain name is the best one? Help me pick!

9 Replies

I just bought these domain names and I'm not sure which one to use for my main Real Estate Investor website. This new one would be in addition to nickbuysproperties.com       (my buyers site) and nicksellsproperties.com (my seller site) ok so here are my choices for my main website. let me know what you this and why, Thank you, Nick

• NicksProperties.com
  • VestorHome.com
  • HouseSaleByOwner.com
  • SellMoreHousesFast.com
  • SellFasterHouses.com

@Nick Stango - What will be the function of your main website and how will it differ from your other 2 sites?  That might help people give a more informed opinion.

Seriously? Why do so many people answer a question with a question? Not mentioning any names @Emily Powell just messing with you Emily, it would be for my informational site, about me, what I have to offer, how I can help buyers and sellers using creative REI. As for you @Michael Quarles I guess I suck at picking domain names right? I checked, It's available for $2.99 on GoDaddy for like two more minutes. Just Pick one for god sakes!

Just trying to help. How about something like NickStangoREI.com if it's more of a general all-encompassing site. Then links to your buying, selling and whatever other creative REI options you're offering.

i was thinking more along the lines of keyword research, what do motivated sellers type into a search bar when they need to sell their house? "for sale buy owner" and "sell my house fast", this is why I came up with...

• HouseSaleByOwner.com
  • SellMoreHousesFast.com
  • SellFasterHouses.com

but then again NickStangoREI.com is a good one also, since it is an informational site about me, Thanks!

Originally posted by @Nick Stango :

i was thinking more along the lines of keyword research, what do motivated sellers type into a search bar when they need to sell their house? "for sale buy owner" and "sell my house fast", this is why I came up with...

• HouseSaleByOwner.com
  • SellMoreHousesFast.com
  • SellFasterHouses.com

but then again NickStangoREI.com is a good one also, since it is an informational site about me, Thanks!

Nick let's say that you're there in Pittsburgh and you want to do cash or terms deals and sell on terms or cash

Your SEO has to do with meta tags and keywords

I believe your URL should have the following components

Where you're  located

And two more words that discuss what you're about

Homebuyers

Lease to own homes

Investment properties

Let's say you lived in Pittsburgh or you're in Allegheny County

That would be your first word

Pittsburgh homebuyers

Pittsburgh lease to own homes

Pittsburgh investment properties

Spell out what you're about

You can also use something like Pittsburgh property solutions

I like the word solutions because it connotates that the buyer or seller has a problem and you have the solution

I've been coaching for almost 30 years now and I believe this is the best approach from everything I know in marketing

Medium banner reiskills 997   copyBrian Gibbons, REISkills | [email protected] | 818‑400‑3046 | http://MyREISkills.com

Thanks @Brian Gibbons what if I move to another state? Is having the area throughout the content sufficient? This way I could keep the domain and change the content in I move. That was one of my concerns with area in the domain. Thanks again

The domain is cheap, and you could sell the domain in the business to someone else that's properly set up or partner with that person

The bottom line here is you need branding that says where you're at and what you do

Medium banner reiskills 997   copyBrian Gibbons, REISkills | [email protected] | 818‑400‑3046 | http://MyREISkills.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you