County treasurer and Tax collector reply????!!

5 Replies

I emailed the Los Angeles county treasurer and tax collector office to gather some leads I was hoping I would get property addresses. Have any of you BPers got addresses or is this just a Los Angeles thing where no addresses are given? this was their reply ...          The Los Angeles County Treasurer and Tax Collector provides the Secured Defaulted Tax Roll which contains all delinquent property on a DVD in ASCII format with pipe delimiter. The file does not contain property names and addresses. Attached are the record layouts and file definitions for your review.

The cost per DVD is $297.00, plus sale tax (9%) and shipping. We normally send the file by certified mail ($6.11), or if you provide an account number for FEDX or UPS we can send the file per your request. If you would like to pick up the DVD, prior arrangements must be made.

If you decide to request the file(s), a prepayment of $323.73 per file, plus shipping must be received before the request is processed.

@Gilbert Gomez

I received the same reply when asking for a list of all current development projects and the process is similar in that you get sent a CD every month with a list of new and updated permits. 

On the order form:
http://ladbs.org/LADBSWeb/LADBS_Forms/DataAndRecor...

Look at pages 5-6 - it list lots of fields, including address and apn. Maybe the order form for tax default has a list of columns as well?

The default tax rolls include at a minimum the APN's which you could then look up in the Los Angeles Zimas database.

Sometimes parcels actually don't have a physical address because it might be undeveloped land. That's why you'll often see APN's instead.

thanks for the reply Joshua 

Did you ever get that list? I am dealing with same situation now. 

Gilbert Gomez did you ever figure out that list? I am in the same situation currently.

@kylestines did you get your list?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide