Direct mail to Probates or Absentee or Both?

2 Replies

I'm planning my first campaign and while i'm leaning more towards probates i'm thinking i might as well send to Absentee as well. Im budgeting for 2000-3000 mailers a month for 7 months. Should i focus on one list or hitting both would be better ? 

Both are good list to mail to, absentee may & will get your phone to ring a little faster and after several attempts. IMO.

Ask your self...

Can I handle the volume all by myself?(assuming it's just you)

And how do being proactive w/ missed calls. I.e: 24-hr recorded msg, do you have your calls answered by a "Person" or machine? (if vmail, how can you insure that they will leave a msg, you can't however, giving you food for thought I hope!) 

Should your caller not leave a msg...?

Another assumption, "Your calling EVERY missed call back.

Originally posted by @Darieal Sutton, Sr. :

Both are good list to mail to, absentee may & will get your phone to ring a little faster and after several attempts. IMO.

Ask your self...

Can I handle the volume all by myself?(assuming it's just you)

And how do being proactive w/ missed calls. I.e: 24-hr recorded msg, do you have your calls answered by a "Person" or machine? (if vmail, how can you insure that they will leave a msg, you can't however, giving you food for thought I hope!) 

Should your caller not leave a msg...?

Another assumption, "Your calling EVERY missed call back.

Hi Darieal and thanks for your reply. 

I will probably do both, probates is a niche that i would like to get into more than absentee but i will try both on my first campaign . 

As far as call handling, i will split my monthly mailing into 4 (once a week) to control the incoming call volume. I have a business and this will my second endeavor so i will be available most of the day to take calls. I will be looking into automation and calls systems such as patlive once i'm done researching the campaign plan . I like to move in steps so once i'm confident in my campaign plan i will move on to planning the calling system. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here