Response rate for type letters?

3 Replies

I'm wondering what the response rate for professional typed letters are.  Anyone have some numbers? I will be doing a test of typed and yellow letters and I want an idea of what to expect. 

Also, do you seal the envelope or just tuck in the flap? Does it matter?

We've seen on typed letters 1-3% call back rate. These are quality calls though. Yellow Letters you will get 8-10%. Some customers have said their getting even as high as 15%. These call backs however are going to be a variety of different callers, a good percentage will be quality calls, some will be just curious callers too.  

Originally posted by @James McCoy :

We've seen on typed letters 1-3% call back rate. These are quality calls though. Yellow Letters you will get 8-10%. Some customers have said their getting even as high as 15%. These call backs however are going to be a variety of different callers, a good percentage will be quality calls, some will be just curious callers too.  

Thanks for responding.  1-3% quality calls is not bad as long as I can put one under contract.  But the more calls I get the better.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.