Investors in Chicago

7 Replies

Does anyone have any advice on the most effective way to find investors, specefically in the Chicago area? I have looked in to Real Estate clubs, meet ups, Craiglist ads....etc. Any advice on what has worked for you or some one you know would be much appreciated. Any type investor would do, whether they invest in small or big projects.

@Kyle Jorgensen I've met most of the investors I know thus far by going to meetups and from BP; mostly from the REIA meetings. I also know an REI that's a friend of a friend that I met offline. I never even thought of looking on craigslist. What do you mean by "I've looked in to..."; have you not actually attended a meeting yet? Have you not had any luck meeting investors?

@Gerardo Dominguez I have not attended any meetups or joined any clubs. From what I have been reading, that seems to be the best strategies. I have worked with a few investors, right now I am currently seeking to expand my network and get more projects completed. If you think your friend REI would be interested in some SFH flips please forward my info or shoot me a message.

I have found the best results by going to a meeting and being sincere. Knowing it will take a few meetings of attendance for those that are active there to build a level of trust from me. For me to show them I have a level of commitment and not a Johnny Come Lately that will be there for a meeting or two and leave.

Nothing can ever beat the real in person networking and exchange of information. Stop waiting, start doing my friend! Good luck to you.

@Dale Stevens thank you for the advice. Do you have any recommendations on groups to join or start with? Also, any websites like Meetup that you use to find meetings to attend to?

Bigger pockets and the website find cash buyers now! 

Hi Nick,

Two ways that I can think of of the top of my head....

1. LinkedIn.  It has worked great for me as one of the things I do is provide rehab fuds up to 90% of the purchase price in Chicago and LinkedIn helped me connect with many local investors there.

2. Put the time and money into an internet presence.  It doesn't take much to brand and even dominate a market if done right.

Patrick

@Kyle Jorgensen ,

Yes I have attended just about every club/meet-up there is to attend. I would be happy to share with you my "reviews" privately. Just shoot me a note. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here